Re: [seattle_homebrewers] January Homebrew Club Meeting

  • alibabagrl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
      Mark and I will be at the meeting on Wed, January 10th.
      Mark's bringing his 2006 Chili Pepper Ale.

      We are in the process of brewing up my one batch for the year...and just decided, on a whim, to throw in a last-minute ingredient--concentrated Elderberry juice.  Should be fun...or horrible...we'll see.  It'll be a while before it's ready to taste.

      We took some homebrew to Kansas over the holidays for my family to taste.  They loved the chili pepper ale.  We had a ceremony at Dad's house with lots of family friends (spreading some of Mom's ashes in the yard and placing a marker).  At the reception, Mark shared his :MomBo Wheat" with everyone because it's made with wheat grown on my Mom's ranch in Western KS.  It was a very touching addition to a wonderful evening of sharing and memories.  Homebrew is not just a good drink, it can also have sentimental meaning.  The depth of this beverage continues to grow and develop.

      Happy New Year,
      Alison

    • alibabagrl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2007
        Dear Homebrewers,

        Mark and I will be coming in to the meeting, straight from work and eating in town before the meeting.  Any suggestions of a good place to eat (good food &good beer preferred) near the next meeting at Joes in the Greenwood neighborhood?

        -Alison & Mark Joy

        In a message dated 12/27/06 9:43:37 PM, joe@... writes:

        I volunteered to host the January meeting of the North
        Seattle Homebrew Club. The details are:

        When:
        Wednesday, January 10th at 7 pm

        Where:
        Joe's House
        730 N 82nd St
        Seattle
        (Greenwood Neighborhood)

      • Alex Wetmore
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2007
          74th street alehouse has good beer and good pub food. 74th and greenwood.

          Mark and I will be coming in to the meeting, straight from work and eating in
          town before the meeting. Any suggestions of a good place to eat (good food &
          good beer preferred) near the next meeting at Joes in the Greenwood
          neighborhood?

          -Alison & Mark Joy

          In a message dated 12/27/06 9:43:37 PM, joe@... writes:

          > I volunteered to host the January meeting of the North
          > Seattle Homebrew Club. The details are:
          >
          > When:
          > Wednesday, January 10th at 7 pm
          >
          > Where:
          > Joe's House
          > 730 N 82nd St
          > Seattle
          > (Greenwood Neighborhood)

        • Damon May
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2007
            Barking Dog Alehouse (7th and 70th) also has good beer and food. El
            Chupacabra (Greenwood, between 67th and 70th) has excellent burritos and
            a few good beers. Olive You (Greenwood, just north of 85th) has great
            Mediterranean food and a few good beers. If you like greasy spoons, you
            can get a beer at the fabulous Duck Island Alehouse (Aurora, around 75th
            or so) and order diner food from Beth's next door.

            I'm hoping to make it to the meeting, but not sure if it'll work out yet.

            Damon