scotch tasting II and brewing

  • Len
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2004
      Ive made another database table for trying to schedule another
      scotch tasting (my place is available again)...it was so quiet I had
      to do something....
      Im bottling my Rodenbach grand cru clone tonight, and also brewing a
      pale ale - but with beano like in zymurgy... and
      a rhubarb melomel, and
      a rhubarb? (not sure about this part yet) Wheat braggot.
      What's in your fermenter?
      see you at the next meading?
      Len
    • shortwavv
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
        Not much action these days on the Seattle Homebrewers list. I don't
        know about the rest of you but it's been too hot to brew any ales
        these past few weeks. Perhaps we should have a meeting in
        September??? How does a tour of Georgetown Brewery (Manny's)
        followed by a few pints at the 9-Pound Hammer?

        -Mr. Mark

      • damon@gurple.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
          Laura and I will be in Alaska September 4-12... any chance we could do a meeting
          on the 1st or second?

          Otherwise we'll just have to save some of the alt we just kegged for October!
          It has been too darn hot lately -- our garage got about 10 degrees too warm at
          least once or twice while that alt was fermenting. Came out ok, though.

          Damon

        • joe@germani.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
            I'm all for a meeting in September. Georgetown Brewing
            was a lot of fun last time.

            But what about the scotch tasting? I'm up for it. What
            about anyone else? Len, you didn't state a date for it,
            just that it be on a weekend (no one wants to go to work
            after a scotch tasting). I could do it this weekend, or
            probably Labor Day weekend. The one in between is looking
            less likely.

            Anyone else have any opinion on a scotch tasting?

            Joe

          • damon@gurple.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 18, 2004
              On scotch tasting: I could do it next weekend, but not this weekend or 3
              weekends from now. :)

              Damon

              > I'm all for a meeting in September. Georgetown Brewing
              >
              > was a lot of fun last time.
              >

              > But what about the scotch tasting? I'm up for it. What
              >
              > about anyone else? Len, you didn't state a date for it,
              >
              > just that it be on a weekend (no one wants to go to work
              >
              > after a scotch tasting). I could do it this weekend, or
              >
              > probably Labor Day weekend. The one in between is looking
              >
              > less likely.
              >

              > Anyone else have any opinion on a scotch tasting?
              >

              > Joe
              >

              > >> --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, "Len"

              > >>another

              > >>so quiet I
              >

              > >> had

              > >>also brewing

              > >>braggot.

              > >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > >> Yahoo! Groups Links

              > >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
              >
              > >>of Service.

              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Len
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19, 2004
                I didnt put a date because I made the database thingy so that anyone
                who wants to come could pick their favorite date. I'm open except
                for it would have to be early saturday or on friday if labor day
                weekend (flying to vegas EARLY sunday morn) and the following
                weekend saturday (the 11th) is out.
                if it didnt happen till later but more people could make it that
                would be better I think.
                Just pick a good date, and we can adjust to fit the most people.
                Len
                oh yeah I like Manny's :) the 1st and 2nd my aunt and uncle are in
                town tho. wanna go next week? :)