February Meeting

  • bob_blade_1971
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2006
      Homebrewers,
      The February meeting will be at my house on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 7:00
      PM. I'll have a bitter, a distressed strong belgian ale, and hopefully
      a young russian imperial stout on tap. I hope you can all make it.

      Here's the address:
      Bob and Kristie Blade
      9540 Densmore Ave N
      Seattle, WA 98103

      I'll send driving directions and a reminder early next week.
      Cheers,
      Bob
    • damon@gurple.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
        I just caught wind of the Hops & Props beer festival at the Museum of Flight
        this Saturday:

        http://www.museumofflight.org/Display.asp?Page=HopsandProps

        It's a bit pricey -- $50 -- but the list of brewers is pretty good, and it seems
        like a fun space for a beer fest. Laura and I will definitely be there.

        Damon
      • khiattjr
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
          Don't forget...NO MEETING this Wednesday (3rd).

          This months meeting is on the 10th at 7PM.

          Fremont Brewing
          3409 Woodland Park Ave N

          Bring a bag if you want some free Columbus hops...

          Kemp
        • Kevin Klein
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
            Thanks for the warning Kemp. I would have been a little disappointed on Wednesday when I showed up.

            In other news feel free to stop by on Friday (Feb 5) for a stout or two or three (tasting glasses suggested). Feel free to bring some stout to share if you have an excess amount, there will be a lot of people who would love to try random (or not so random) concoctions.  timing is from 7 - 10:30, OUTSIDE, at 142 N 80th St (206.853.0525).  If you don't get enough or what you want at my place, Naked City is just down the street and should be able to fulfill any extra needs! :-)

            Send me a message kcklein@... if you want to bring anything and/or need equipment....

            Cheers,
            Kevin

          • alibabagrl@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2010
              Also, remember we are going to start off with the "Mild & Brown" competition.
              BJCP styles 11 A,B & C.

              Alison
            • Russell Everett
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
                Meredith and I plan being there for Stout night but I must report: disaster.

                After several weeks of resting, my most recent bottles of stout are not carbonated yet.  I blame 65 degree house that drops into the 50's a night. : / So question: have you got any kind of setup to pour off a keg?  I've got 4 gallons in a keg geared up for a nitro pour.  I could bring my nitro tank and faucet if needs be, but I don't have a portable shank.  (I've never had to move a nitro beer to another location before, I usually just use a cobra tap on a co2'd keg.)  Oh, and to make it that much more interesting: it's pin lock.

                Kevin Klein wrote:

                Thanks for the warning Kemp. I would have been a little disappointed on Wednesday when I showed up.

                In other news feel free to stop by on Friday (Feb 5) for a stout or two or three (tasting glasses suggested). Feel free to bring some stout to share if you have an excess amount, there will be a lot of people who would love to try random (or not so random) concoctions.  timing is from 7 - 10:30, OUTSIDE, at 142 N 80th St (206.853.0525) .  If you don't get enough or what you want at my place, Naked City is just down the street and should be able to fulfill any extra needs! :-)

                Send me a message kcklein@yahoo. com if you want to bring anything and/or need equipment... .

                Cheers,
                Kevin

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010

                  Safety first: Building a better pint beer glass

                  The British government wants pubs to try out shatterproof pint glasses as a way to cut back on beer-related violence.

                  The Associated Press
                  LONDON —

                  The British government wants pubs to try out shatterproof pint glasses as a way to cut back on beer-related violence.

                  The problem is the high number of binge drinkers who break pint glasses and use the jagged remains as weapons in fights.

                  Officials say the resulting injuries cost the National Health Service about 2.7 billion pounds ($4.3 billion) each year. Officials say there are an estimated 87,000 incidents each year involving pint glasses and other glasses used as weapons.

                  Two prototype pint glasses designed not to break up into dangerous shards were introduced Thursday by the Home Office anti-crime design team and the government-funded Design Council.

                  Further tests will be made before the glasses are introduced on a voluntary basis.

                  $3.4B a year??? holy smokes... those brits are a rough crowd... please tell me this is a hoax...
                  Andy
                • Steve Poole

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010
                      Hello all,

                      I've been to a few meetings a few years ago and was wondering, space permitting, if I could attend the meeting next week.  I've kinda been on a brewing hiatus but have started up again.  I do have an "aged" winter ale I just bottled that I could bring if anyone wants to try it.

                      Thanks,
                      Mike

                      To: seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 4, 2010

                        Mike,

                        Certainly you can come.  No one needs an invitation.  We're very informal.  If you have joined the yahoo group then you're in the club.  In fact, joining the yahoo group isn't even necessary.

                        If you have homebrew ready to drink, then bring some to share (2 or 3 12 oz bottles, or equivalent).  And be prepared to talk about the recipe and how you made it.  If you don't have any homebrew, come anyway to taste other people's brews and learn.

                        Joe

                        To: seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com
                        From: kempaloni@...
                        Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 01:17:23 +0000

                                             Don't forget...NO MEETING this Wednesday (3rd).

                        This months meeting is on the 10th at 7PM.

                        Fremont Brewing
                        3409 Woodland Park Ave N

                        Bring a bag if you want some free Columbus hops...

                        Kemp

                            &n bsp;                      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:0 10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp hr {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxhd {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxads {margin-bottom:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad {padding:0 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad a {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc {font-family:Arial;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc #ecxhd {font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc .ecxad {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;} .ExternalClass a {color:#1e66ae;} .ExternalClass #ecxactions {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity {background-color:#e0ecee;float:lef t;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span {font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span a {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span span {color:#ff7900;} .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span .ecxunderline {text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach div a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach img {border:none;padding-right:5px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach label {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;} .ExternalClass .ecxattach label a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass blockquote {;} .ExternalClass .ecxbold {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass .ecxbold a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p a {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;} .Externa lClass dd.ecxlast p span.ecxyshortcuts {margin-right:0;} .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table div div a {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table {width:400px;} .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:visited {text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass ecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsg #ecxygrp-msg p a span.ecxyshortcuts {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;} .ExternalClass .ecxgreen {color:#628c2a;} .ExternalClass .ecxMsoNormal {;} .ExternalClass ecxo {font-size:0;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div {float:left;width:72px;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div div {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;} .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div label {colo r:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;} .ExternalClass #ecxreco-category {font-size:77%;} .ExternalClass #ecxreco-desc {font-size:77%;} .ExternalClass .ecxreplbq {;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg select, .ExternalClass input, .ExternalClass textarea {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg pre, .ExternalClass code {font:115% monospace;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg ecx* {line-height:1.22em;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg #ecxlogo {padding-bottom:10px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg a {color:#1E66AE;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg p a {font-family:Verdana;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg ecxp#attach-count span {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco #ecxreco-head {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;} .ExternalClass #e cxygrp-reco {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li a {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov ul {padding:0 0 0 8px;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text {font-family:Georgia;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text p {;} .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text tt {font-size:120%;}