Re: [seattle_homebrewers] Does anyone have a pH meter I could borrow?

  • Nick Ladd
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 21, 2011
      KRBC Citra is an awesome beer.  Do you mind sharing your recipe / thoughts about how it was created?  I tend to put some gypsum and calcium carbonate (rather that chalk) in my mash for light beers which tends to acidify it enough to be in the range I need.   I think it also does nice things for hoppy beers and prevents the need for lactic acid.

      Nick

      On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM, J <digitalsy@...> wrote:

      Cool, thanks! I'll give that a try!

      On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Bradley Bantel <funwithplants@...> wrote:

      I test with a liquid drop kit for fish aquariums.  Should have it for sale at petco.

      -brsd