October Meeting...

  • jerome
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hey Kids,
      Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for some club meeting? How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?

      I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a little of the Strong Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.

      In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's interested) I want to swing by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of Oktoberfest beers that we could sample and appreciate.

      Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North - half a block up from 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney Ave.

      Roll call!

      later,
      jerome
    • damon@gurple.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
        Sounds good to me! We're all out of our wedding brew, but we brought a bottle
        back from a microbrewery in Prague (presumably THE microbrewery in Prague),
        Novomestsky, that we'll pass around.

      • joe@germani.org
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
          I'm up for it! I've stocked up on Spaten Octoberfest when
          it was on sale, so I can bring some of that. Sadly, I
          haven't brewed in a while.

          Joe

          On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:00:15 -0700
          damon@... wrote:
          > Sounds good to me! We're all out of our wedding brew,
          >but we brought a bottle
          > back from a microbrewery in Prague (presumably THE
          >microbrewery in Prague),
          > Novomestsky, that we'll pass around.

          >> Hey Kids,
          >>
          >> Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for
          >>some club meeting?
          >> How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
          >>

          >> I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a
          >>little of the Strong
          >> Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.
          >>

          >> In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's
          >>interested) I want to swing
          >> by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of
          >>Oktoberfest beers that we
          >> could sample and appreciate.
          >>

          >> Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North -
          >>half a block up from
          >> 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney
          >>Ave.
          >>

          >> Roll call!
          >>

          >> later,
          >>
          >> jerome

          >> Homebrewing
          >>

          >> Mind body spirit
          >>

          >> Homebrewing supplies
          >>

          >> Spirit
          >>

          >> Easy spirit shoes
          >>

          >> Homebrewing equipment

          >> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >>

          >> Visit your group "seattle_homebrewers" on the web.

          >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
          >>Terms of Service.

        • Phil Reichel
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
            Folks,

            I went on an Oregon Pub Vacation and brought back brew from Selitz, Wild River, and Pelican -- with the plan to host a meeting. -am willing to donate them to any worthy evening.

            phil

            damon@... wrote:
            Sounds good to me!  We're all out of our wedding brew, but we brought a bottle
            back from a microbrewery in Prague (presumably THE microbrewery in Prague),
            Novomestsky, that we'll pass around.

            > Hey Kids,
            >
            > Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for some club meeting?
            > How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
            >

            > I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a little of the Strong
            > Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.
            >

            > In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's interested) I want to swing
            > by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of Oktoberfest beers that we
            > could sample and appreciate.
            >

            > Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North - half a block up from
            > 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney Ave.
            >

            > Roll call!
            >

            > later,
            >
            > jerome

            >         Homebrewing
            >

            >         Mind body spirit
            >

            >         Homebrewing supplies
            >

            >         Spirit
            >

            >         Easy spirit shoes
            >

            >         Homebrewing equipment

            >   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            >    Visit your group "seattle_homebrewers" on the web.

            Yahoo! for Good

          • Kevin Klein
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
              I should be able to make it. If i get my act together
              (doubtful) I'll have a scotch ale, it's currently in
              2ary.

              - kevin

              --- damon@... wrote:

              > Sounds good to me! We're all out of our wedding
              > brew, but we brought a bottle
              > back from a microbrewery in Prague (presumably THE
              > microbrewery in Prague),
              > Novomestsky, that we'll pass around.

              > > Hey Kids,
              > >
              > > Who's up for getting together over here t'the
              > house for some club meeting?
              > > How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
              > >

              > > I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond
              > and a little of the Strong
              > > Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get
              > into.
              > >

              > > In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's
              > interested) I want to swing
              > > by B'works and collect a few commercial examples
              > of Oktoberfest beers that we
              > > could sample and appreciate.
              > >

              > > Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave
              > North - half a block up from
              > > 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy
              > Phinney Ave.
              > >

              > > Roll call!
              > >

              > > later,
              > >
              > > jerome

              > > Homebrewing
              > >

              > > Mind body spirit
              > >

              > > Homebrewing supplies
              > >

              > > Spirit
              > >

              > > Easy spirit shoes
              > >

              > > Homebrewing equipment

              > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              > >

              > > Visit your group "seattle_homebrewers" on the
              > web.

              > to:

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Tj Zecca
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
                Sounds good to me too...  What date?

                --
                Tj Zecca
                  206.265.2643 (c)

              • David Bennett
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
                  Wednessday the 12th is good for me too. I will bring some of my chocolate
                  stout :)

                  Good luck!
                  David.

                  On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Tj Zecca wrote:

                  > Sounds good to me too... What date?
                  >
                  > On 10/3/05, damon@... <damon@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sounds good to me! We're all out of our wedding brew, but we brought a
                  > > bottle
                  > > back from a microbrewery in Prague (presumably THE microbrewery in
                  > > Prague),
                  > > Novomestsky, that we'll pass around.

                  > > > Hey Kids,
                  > > >
                  > > > Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for some club
                  > > meeting?
                  > > > How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
                  > > >

                  > > > I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a little of the
                  > > Strong
                  > > > Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.
                  > > >

                  > > > In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's interested) I want to
                  > > swing
                  > > > by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of Oktoberfest beers
                  > > that we
                  > > > could sample and appreciate.
                  > > >

                  > > > Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North - half a block up
                  > > from
                  > > > 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney Ave.
                  > > >

                  > > > Roll call!
                  > > >

                  > > > later,
                  > > >
                  > > > jerome

                  > > > Homebrewing
                  > > >

                  > > > Mind body spirit
                  > > >

                  > > > Homebrewing supplies
                  > > >

                  > > > Spirit
                  > > >

                  > > > Easy spirit shoes
                  > > >

                  > > > Homebrewing equipment

                  > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  > > >

                  > > > Visit your group "seattle_homebrewers" on the web.

                  > > ------------------------------
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Tj Zecca
                  > 206.265.2643 (c)
                  > tj.zecca@... (email / msn messenger)

                • Kyle Farrell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
                    I'd be there but I've got soccer on most Wednesdays & Thursdays. I'll
                    try and keep some bottles of porter around til the next meeting, it
                    took 2nd overall at X-Brew the other week.

                    The cask beer fest should be fun; I'll be at the noon-4 session.
                    -Kyle

                    jerome wrote:
                    > Hey Kids,
                    > Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for some club meeting? How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
                    >
                    > I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a little of the Strong Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.
                    >
                    > In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's interested) I want to swing by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of Oktoberfest beers that we could sample and appreciate.
                    >
                    > Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North - half a block up from 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney Ave.
                    >
                    > Roll call!
                    >
                    > later,
                    > jerome
                  • jerome
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005

                      Weds. the 12th...

                      jerome
                    • javatown_us
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
                        I've just joined the group but would like to come as well.  I'm only on my 4th brew (extract),  but have a porter and an ipa in secondaries.   Maybe by 12th i can force carbinate and bottle a few.  Not sure how the porters going to turn out, but the ipa seems like its going to be good.

                        Im working down in Santa Rosa, CA this week and i'm going to pickup some Russian River brews.  if my home brews don't turn out I could probably bring a few of those.

                        Regards,
                        Jeff Bower

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
                          Phil,
                          Feel free to bring the beer if you'd like. We'll see if we need to get into it.

                          later,
                          jerome

                        • Tj Zecca
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
                            I'm definitely IN and I have another (possible two) brewer(s) interested in attending.

                            My friend Pete has been brewing for a while, and may have some homebrew ready.

                            Since I do not have any boat brew, I will bring some cheeses and crackers.

                            Regards,

                            Tj Zecca

                            On 10/4/05, jerome <jerome@...> wrote:
> [...]

                          • Kim Pineda
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 9, 2005
                              I'll be there as well, around 8PM.

                              See you all then.

                              I've got a few bottles of my Grand Cru left to share.

                              Kim

                              --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, Tj Zecca <tj.zecca@g...>

                              unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<seattle_homebrewers-

                              > > ------------------------------
                              > >

                              > --
                              > Tj Zecca
                              > 206.265.2643 (c)
                              > tj.zecca@g... (email / msn messenger)

                            • andy
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 12, 2005
                                Hey looks like I will finally be able to make a meeting, I've only been
                                to one other meeting so it will be good to meet some of the folks here.
                                I'll bring an abby that has been aging peacefully since February.

                                On Oct 3, 2005, at 9:48 AM, jerome wrote:

                                > Hey Kids,
                                > Who's up for getting together over here t'the house for some club
                                > meeting? How's Weds. the 12th work for everyone?
                                >
                                > I'll have a Steam beer, a marginal Belgian Blond and a little of the
                                > Strong Ale we brewed for Damon and Lauras' wedding to get into.
                                >
                                > In the interest of beer appreciation (if anyone's interested) I want
                                > to swing by B'works and collect a few commercial examples of
                                > Oktoberfest beers that we could sample and appreciate.
                                >
                                > Our place is easy to get to: 3962 Phinney Ave North - half a block up
                                > from 39th or down the hill from 45th on free and easy Phinney Ave.
                                >
                                > Roll call!
                                >
                                > later,
                                > jerome

                                > Homebrewing
                                > Mind body spirit
                                > Homebrewing supplies
                                > Spirit
                                > Easy spirit shoes
                                > Homebrewing equipment
                                >
                                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                >
                                > ▪  Visit your group "seattle_homebrewers" on the web.

                                > Service.

                                Andy
                                owner/photographer
                                Walthers Photography