Re: AHA NHC 1st Round Call for Judges

  • Jerome
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2010
      Forwarded from Tim Hayner, Competition Director & Real Nice Guy...

      Northwest Region Judges!!!

      Save the Date! 4/10/10

      Saturday April 10th, 2010 at Pyramid Alehouse Brewery (1201 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134) we will hold the first round of judging for the AHA National Homebrew Competition. Judges should arrive at 8:30 to 9:00 am. We will have a brief orientation, and try to get started near 9:30 am. There will be a morning and afternoon session. Lunch will be provided.

      Early Session
      We are going to hold a Friday evening session on 4/9/10 for as many judges as can attend. The goal is to whittle the total down for Saturday. We will need judges to arrive at Pyramid by 6:00 pm so we can begin judging at 6:30 pm. We'll have just one session Friday evening.

      Stewards
      We will need stewards and helpers both Friday and Saturday.

      Judges
      We anticipate over 500 entries this year in the 1st round and will need every BJCP judge available. We also extend the invitation to new judges with ranks pending and experienced judges who are not BJCP ranked. We also welcome novices, but will need to place those with experienced judges. This event is arguably the most important event to homebrewers of the year. It is our goal to make this event extremely high quality. To achieve this, we require a great judge turnout.

      Out of town judges
      We are working with some of our local homebrewers who have offered to put up an out of town judge or two for a night or two. If you are coming from out of town and would be interested in staying with someone local, we can try to pair you up.

      After Judging
      After the event, we'd like you to enjoy some more great beer so we put together a "beer lovers map" just for you. We are working on an extra group gathering afterwards to have a great time in downtown Seattle.

      Please reply to this email or contact me, Tim Hayner, to:

      1. Say you intend to judge
      2. Say you intend to steward
      3. Say you intend to participate as staff
      4. Say you wish to find a local homebrewer/judge with whom to stay a night.
      5. Any Questions

      I can be reached by email at tim@... and by cell at (206)730-4532 with any questions.

      We look forward to seeing as many of you as can make it.

      Tim Hayner - Competition Director

      Other Resources

      WAHA
      AHA