Re: [seattle_homebrewers] Fwd:  AHA COC "The Session Challenge"

  • alibabagrl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2010
      So, it looks like we'll have to pick our club's English Mild entree at the February meeting.  Also, the February meeting will have to be within the first two weeks.
      All I have is an English mild with cocoa nibs, so it's out of style.

      Is there a location or date for the January meeting?

      Happy 2001 to all of you.
      Alison

      In a message dated 12/31/09 12:37:40 PM, jerome@... writes:

      --- In WAHA@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hayner <ibrew2@...> wrote:

      Washington Homebrewers:

      As you may know, The Impaling Alers are hosting the February 2010 AHA Club Only Competition. We're calling it "The Session Challenge". When we signed up for this nearly 3 years ago, it seemed like a long time away. Time flies when you drink a lot of beer I guess. So, rattle those kettles and whip up your best English Brown Ale. An 11A Mild, 11B Southern English Brown, or 11C Northern English Brown are your choices. These are small pub beers that are low in alcohol but big on character and drinkability. Now is the perfect time to brew one of these, so let's get it on.

      Each club should hold their own tasting and select (1) entry to submit. (3) 10-12 ounce bottles are requried. Your club's entry needs to be submitted to Larry's Brewing Supply by Tuesday the 16th of February, 2010. If for some reason you can't pull that off, email me and we'll try work it out. We'll have the formal judging of all the entries on Saturday February 20th, 2010. You can go to the AHA website to download labels, and read up on the rules and entry fee.
      We will send out a call for judges soon, but consider this an invite.

      Don't forget that GEBL is hosting the COC this fall; Strong Ale.

      Email me with any questions at tim@...

      Cheers!

      Tim Hayner

      --- End forwarded message ---