Brian Sollenberger of Diamond Knot passed away!

  • AlisonS
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2009
      I hate to be sharing more bad news.
      -Ali

      Brian Sollenberger Dies Unexpectedly

      Oct 31st, 2009 by washingtonbeerblog

      Brian Sollenberger, Diamond Knot Brewery co-founder/partner, has died unexpectedly. Details will follow. As much as we know right now, it was an accident at his home. We will share any details as they become available.
      This is sad news and we are very sorry to report it. We post this information at the request of Brian's partners at Diamond Knot. Our sincere condolences go out to Brian's family and to the Diamond Knot family in general.
    • Paul Cervenka
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2009
        Here is an update that Pat posted on probrewer.  Brian was a great guy and this must be super hard for his family and friends:

        Thanks to all of you in the ProBrewer community for your kind words and thoughts concerning the tragic, untimely passing of Brian Sollenberger.

        Brian was the founder of Diamond Knot Brewing Co, my friend, mentor and business partner for nearly ten years. His expertise in everything brewing will be sorely missed by everyone whose lives he touched. As was typical, he was working late at our production facility on Friday night, excitedly laying plans for our new glycol system. He returned home at around midnight (shockingly early for him), most certainly wanting to be able to spend much of Halloween, his favorite holiday, with his boys. His wife found him at the bottom of their front steps at approximately 05:00. We don't yet know exactly what happened.

        He leaves behind a wife and three sons, for whom our hearts break more than any others. We at Diamond Knot will persevere, keeping Brian's dream alive in his memory and with the wealth of knowledge he imparted to us all. But first and foremost we all need to send thoughts, prayers and good karma to his family.

        Thanks again,

        Pat Ringe, Brewmaster/Co-Owner

        Diamond Knot Brewing Co.

        pat@...

        PS- I'd love to hear some tales from anyone that Brian helped out via these forums. Please post or send me an email/PM

        Cheers to our fallen brother.