Phinney Homebrew Fair

  • joe@germani.org
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
      As a reminder, this Saturday, April 9th, is the Phinney
      Homebrew Fair. See the following for details:

      http://homebrewfair.com/index.html

      I have a couple of beers I'd like to enter. Anyone else
      going? There was talk a while ago about setting up a
      table for our club. Is anyone interested in organizing
      that? (Unfortunately, I'm swamped, but I would volunteer
      to work at the table part of the time if someone will
      organize it.)

      Also, remember that the Hard Liver Barley Wine festival is
      going on that day as well. So there should be many people
      heading to Brouwer's to harden their livers after the
      fair.

      Joe
    • lambicluver
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
        I plan on driving up Friday to make the Fair on Saturday. I will be
        bringing three beers, and could sit the table if someone is willing to
        set it up. We should have a table, chairs, sign-up sheet, and maybe
        some homebrew gear for people to check out. Any volunteers?

        Jerome as per my phone message, hopefully I can crash at your house.
        Perhaps I could meet you at the Brouwers Cafe, Friday around 9-10pm.
        Since I will be sober I could even give you a ride home.

        Nathan
      • damon@gurple.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2005
          The beer we were going to enter this weekend turns out to have a startingly high
          TG, but I'll at least take a turn at the table. Earlier would be better, for me
          -- I can show up at 12:45 or so to help get things started.

          Surely Phinney Center has some tables and chairs lying around, right? I can't
          imagine we'd need to supply those, but I'll check with Phinney on that.

          Laura has volunteered to print up a sign for the table. We don't have a logo,
          so I guess it'll just be "North Seattle Homebrew Club" in fairly big letters.

          Damon

        • joe@germani.org
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
            Does anyone know if we can bring some homebrew and share
            it amongst the members (and maybe prospective members)?

            I have been trying to arrange the next meeting at the
            Tangletown, but they haven't gotten back to me. With this
            weekend's homebrew event, I was thinking that we might be
            able to have an informal meeting there.

            Any thoughts?

            Joe

          • damon@gurple.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
              My understanding is that alcohol is technically not allowed at this event,
              outside of the judging. Something to do with the current head of the center
              being down on alcohol events. We might be able to get away with a few covert
              samples, but we might bring down some trouble if we started passing a bunch of
              brews around.

              We can always just bring brown paper bags and swig in the parking lot. ;)

              I'm thinking we should have two shifts on Saturday, 1-3 and 3-5, and try to make
              sure that _at least_ 2 people are manning the table for each shift. We can be
              less formal about it when we're actually there, but we need to make sure enough
              people are there to do it the whole time. I can be there for the first shift:

              Shift:
              1-3: Damon, ?
              3-5: ?, ?

              I know at least 3 other people have said they're gonna be there. Can you guys
              pick a shift at the table?

              Thanks,

              > Does anyone know if we can bring some homebrew and share
              >
              > it amongst the members (and maybe prospective members)?
              >

              > I have been trying to arrange the next meeting at the
              >
              > Tangletown, but they haven't gotten back to me. With this
              >
              > weekend's homebrew event, I was thinking that we might be
              >
              > able to have an informal meeting there.
              >

              > Any thoughts?
              >

              > Joe
              >

              > On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:02:44 -0000
              >
              > "lambicluver" <zorich@...> wrote:
              >

              > > I plan on driving up Friday to make the Fair on
              >
              > >Saturday. I will be
              >
              > > bringing three beers, and could sit the table if someone
              >
              > >is willing to
              >
              > > set it up. We should have a table, chairs, sign-up
              >
              > >sheet, and maybe
              >
              > > some homebrew gear for people to check out. Any
              >
              > >volunteers?
              >

              > > Jerome as per my phone message, hopefully I can crash at
              >
              > >your house.
              >
              > > Perhaps I could meet you at the Brouwers Cafe, Friday
              >
              > >around 9-10pm.
              >
              > > Since I will be sober I could even give you a ride home.
              >

              > > Nathan

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • jerome
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 5, 2005
                I'll have to take a pass on the Homebrew Fair. We have movers scheduled for Saturday to get Janet out of her condo and into the new digs in Fremont. I keep trying to tell her that the moving can wait there's homebrew at stake but I can't convince her. Yeah, right...

                Brouwers is firing up the Hard Liver Barley Wine Festival on Friday night. If anyone has plans to stop by there after the Fair on Sat., come on by our new place (3962 Phinney Ave N - about 1/4 mile up the street from Brouwers). Might be easier to find parking or something. Anyway...

                Let me know what the plans are for the "after party" and I'll buy a round or two.

                Cheers!
                jerome

                > My understanding is that alcohol is technically not allowed at this event,
                > outside of the judging.  Something to do with the current head of the center
                > being down on alcohol events.  We might be able to get away with a few covert
                > samples, but we might bring down some trouble if we started passing a bunch of
                > brews around.
                >
                > We can always just bring brown paper bags and swig in the parking lot.  ;)
                >
                > I'm thinking we should have two shifts on Saturday, 1-3 and 3-5, and try to make
                > sure that _at least_ 2 people are manning the table for each shift.  We can be
                > less formal about it when we're actually there, but we need to make sure enough
                > people are there to do it the whole time.  I can be there for the first shift:
                >
                > Shift:
                > 1-3: Damon, ?
                > 3-5: ?, ?
                >
                > I know at least 3 other people have said they're gonna be there.  Can you guys
                > pick a shift at the table?
                >
                > Thanks,

                > > Does anyone know if we can bring some homebrew and share
                > >
                > > it amongst the members (and maybe prospective members)?
                > >

                > > I have been trying to arrange the next meeting at the
                > >
                > > Tangletown, but they haven't gotten back to me.  With this
                > >
                > > weekend's homebrew event, I was thinking that we might be
                > >
                > > able to have an informal meeting there.
                > >

                > > Any thoughts?
                > >

                > > Joe
                > >

                > > On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:02:44 -0000
                > >
                > >   "lambicluver" <zorich@...> wrote:
                > >

                > > > I plan on driving up Friday to make the Fair on
                > >
                > > >Saturday.  I will be
                > >
                > > > bringing three beers, and could sit the table if someone
                > >
                > > >is willing to
                > >
                > > > set it up.  We should have a table, chairs, sign-up
                > >
                > > >sheet, and maybe
                > >
                > > > some homebrew gear for people to check out. Any
                > >
                > > >volunteers?
                > >

                > > > Jerome as per my phone message, hopefully I can crash at
                > >
                > > >your house.
                > >
                > > > Perhaps I could meet you at the Brouwers Cafe, Friday
                > >
                > > >around 9-10pm.
                > >
                > > > Since I will be sober I could even give you a ride home.
                > >

                > > > Nathan

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  I'll take the 3-5 shift, although it depends on when I get
                  my time with the judge.

                  Joe

                  On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:04:18 -0700
                  damon@... wrote:

                  > My understanding is that alcohol is technically not
                  >allowed at this event,
                  > outside of the judging. Something to do with the
                  >current head of the center
                  > being down on alcohol events. We might be able to get
                  >away with a few covert
                  > samples, but we might bring down some trouble if we
                  >started passing a bunch of
                  > brews around.
                  >
                  > We can always just bring brown paper bags and swig in
                  >the parking lot. ;)
                  >
                  > I'm thinking we should have two shifts on Saturday, 1-3
                  >and 3-5, and try to make
                  > sure that _at least_ 2 people are manning the table for
                  >each shift. We can be
                  > less formal about it when we're actually there, but we
                  >need to make sure enough
                  > people are there to do it the whole time. I can be
                  >there for the first shift:
                  >
                  > Shift:
                  > 1-3: Damon, ?
                  > 3-5: ?, ?
                  >
                  > I know at least 3 other people have said they're gonna
                  >be there. Can you guys
                  > pick a shift at the table?
                  >
                  > Thanks,

                  >> Does anyone know if we can bring some homebrew and share
                  >>
                  >> it amongst the members (and maybe prospective members)?
                  >>

                  >> I have been trying to arrange the next meeting at the
                  >>
                  >> Tangletown, but they haven't gotten back to me. With
                  >>this
                  >>
                  >> weekend's homebrew event, I was thinking that we might
                  >>be
                  >>
                  >> able to have an informal meeting there.
                  >>

                  >> Any thoughts?
                  >>

                  >> Joe
                  >>

                  >> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:02:44 -0000
                  >>
                  >> "lambicluver" <zorich@...> wrote:
                  >>

                  >> > I plan on driving up Friday to make the Fair on
                  >>
                  >> >Saturday. I will be
                  >>
                  >> > bringing three beers, and could sit the table if
                  >>someone
                  >>
                  >> >is willing to
                  >>
                  >> > set it up. We should have a table, chairs, sign-up
                  >>
                  >> >sheet, and maybe
                  >>
                  >> > some homebrew gear for people to check out. Any
                  >>
                  >> >volunteers?
                  >>

                  >> > Jerome as per my phone message, hopefully I can crash
                  >>at
                  >>
                  >> >your house.
                  >>
                  >> > Perhaps I could meet you at the Brouwers Cafe, Friday
                  >>
                  >> >around 9-10pm.
                  >>
                  >> > Since I will be sober I could even give you a ride
                  >>home.
                  >>

                  >> > Nathan

                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                  >>of Service.

                • Bob Blade
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 8, 2005
                    I'll be at the fair for the early shift with Damon. I'm hoping we have more
                    volunteers so that I can slip into a lecture or two. I'm looking forward to
                    the fair and the barleywine at the post party.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

                  • damon@gurple.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 8, 2005
                      Here's the relevant part of the 5 bus schedule. The 5 runs between Fremont and
                      Phinney Ridge, and it's saved me many a drunken stumble:

                      http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/schedules/s005_1_.html

                      Alternatively, "every 15 minutes (until 7:30, when it switches to every 1/2
                      hour), so just walk outside and grab one".