Honey sources

  • Hieu Le
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1 2:59 PM
      Does anyone know of a local bee keeper that sells honey at reasonable prices?

      Thanks,
      H.

    • mrkyle206
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1 3:10 PM
        I don't know about reasonable prices, but at any of the farmers markets, the one in the u district is on Saturday mornings, they have really great really fresh honey. I've heard recommendations, if you're doing a mead, to make it with half high quality honey and half store bought cheap stuff to keep some of the deliciousness and not spend a fortune.

        -Kyle

        --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, Hieu Le <hieu_le_2000@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know of a local bee keeper that sells honey at reasonable prices?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > H.

      • Greg Fleehart
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 1 3:42 PM
          Would anyone be able to pick me up? I have a ride home set up. The
          wife's at school until later in the night, and it's a bit far for me to
          walk. I'm in Maple Leaf, right on Lake City Way. I've got a blonde ale,
          belgian pale, and munich dunkel to share.
          Thanks!
          Greg
          206 450-4044

          On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Greg Fleehart wrote:

          > Would anyone be willing to give me a ride there? I'm in Maple Leaf. I
          > have a ride home, just not to the meeting.
          > Thanks!
          > Greg
          > gfleehar@...
          > 206 450-4044
          >
          > On Mar 30, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Taso Lyristis wrote:
          >
          >> One more reminder for the meeting this Wednesday. Also wanted to list
          >> my phone #, just in case..
          >>
          >> 201-978-0208 (201 is not a typo)
          >>
          >> > Here is the info on the next meeting of the North Seattle Homebrew
          >> Club:
          >> >
          >> > When: Wednesday April 1st, 7 PM
          >> >
          >> > Where: Taso's place - 11230 Fremont Ave N. We're behind 2 other
          >> houses
          >> > down a long driveway. You may not notice the house from the
          >> street, but
          >> > the driveway is between 11232 and 11226.
          >> >
          >> > Bring some homebrew to sample if you have any (typically 2 or 3 12
          >> oz
          >> > bottles works). If you don't have any homebrew feel free to come
          >> anyway
          >> > to learn and share experiences.
          >> >
          >> > I'll have some cheese & crackers type of stuff and 2 (maybe 3)
          >> homebrews
          >> > on tap.
          >> >
          >> > [yes, I blatantly copied Joe's last club meeting email as the
          >> template
          >> > for this one]
          >> >

          >> --> --> -->

        • M J Pittman
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4 7:29 AM
            http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/area_images/SystemMap_0908.pdf
            Click now for low cost, approved defensive driving courses!
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsCzNP2SIz74wb6jRTyChrB6SPxB4SB25yNIoUaghtPbRyaQpGPk0Q/
          • Joe Germani
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 29, 2013

              Adam from Reuben's Brews has graciously agreed to hold the meeting at his brewery.  Due to his schedule, it will be much later in the month than usual.  This is a great chance to see a small brewery and talk to a homebrewer turned pro.

              Here are the details:

              What: North Seattle Homebrew Club Meeting

              When: Wednesday, April 24th, 7 PM

              Where: Reuben's Brews, 1406 NW 53rd Street, Suite 1A, Seattle, WA 98107

              For more info on Reuben's Brews see http://reubensbrews.com.

              I'll send out a reminder with more details later.

              Cheers,

              Joe

            • Joe
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 22 9:43 PM
                This is a reminder that the April homebrew club meeting is this Wednesday at Rueben's Brews. See details below.

                As usual, bring a homebrew if you have one ready (2-3 12 oz bottles or equivalent usually works). Don't forget to bring you brewing notes on the beer you bring so we can talk about it.

                If you don't have any homebrew available, feel free to come anyway to sample beers, learn, and share experiences.

                Cheers,
                Joe

                --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, Joe Germani <joe@...> wrote:

                > Adam from Reuben's Brews has graciously agreed to hold the meeting at his brewery.  Due to his schedule, it will be much later in the month than usual.  This is a great chance to see a small brewery and talk to a homebrewer turned pro.
                >
                > Here are the details:
                >
                > What: North Seattle Homebrew Club Meeting
                >
                > When: Wednesday, April 24th, 7 PM
                >
                > Where: Reuben's Brews, 1406 NW 53rd Street, Suite 1A, Seattle, WA 98107
                >
                > For more info on Reuben's Brews see http://reubensbrews.com
                >
                > I'll send out a reminder with more details later.
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > Joe

              • Joe Germani
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 13 4:23 PM
                  I was able to arrange to have the meeting this month at Sound Homebrew this Wednesday, April 19th.  Late last year Sound was purchased by John Smith, and I happened to meet him at the Pacific NW Homebrew Conference last month.  He's happy to accommodate us for our meeting.

                  As usual, please bring a homebrew to share (2 or 3 12 oz bottles, or equivalent).  And don't forget your notes so that you can tell us about the ingredients and process.

                  If you don't have any homebrew available, that's OK, feel free to come anyway.

                  Here are the details:

                  What: North Seattle Homebrew Club Meeting
                  When: Wednesday, April 19th, 7 PM
                  Where: Sound Homebrew, 6505 5th Place S, Seattle, WA 98108 (soundhomebrew.com)

                  Cheers,
                  Joe

                  PS - I have a new Tripel to share, and maybe even a Maibock.

                • Andrew Williams