Re: [seattle_homebrewers] Fresh Hop IPA

  • Phil Reichel
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 2, 2008

      Hello,

      I am getting ready to brew a fresh hop IPA this weekend. Would everyone bring their recipe to the Wed meeting -- so we all can talk about brewing this once a year brew?

      thanks, Phil

    • Aaron Lyon
      Message 2 of 27 , May 4 10:16 AM
        Hi all,

        Recently, I've been talking to people from a homebrew club I was heavily involved with back in the day, the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild. Many of them are coming out for the NHC and they're planning a strong showing at club night. Their plan for bringing their beer out is to have a local homebrew store owner drive a rental truck from Michigan to Seattle with 20+ kegs. I think he intends to fly back. Their problem, as you can imagine, is getting rid of the kegs since it doesn't make sense to ship the empties back. I've been charged with inquiring around town to see if anyone would like to buy some guaranteed-to-hold-pressure-and-might-still-contain-awesome-beer corni kegs after the NHC. $25 each. 9 kegs are already spoken for, probably leaving 11 or so. Let me know any of you are interested. Thanks.

        -Aaron
      • Josh Young
        Message 3 of 27 , May 4 10:19 AM
          I'll totally take one.  Thanks!
          Should I pick it up at the next brew club meeting or is there an alternate place and time I should grab it?

          Josh

          Recently, I've been talking to people from a homebrew club I was heavily involved with back in the day, the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild. Many of them are coming out for the NHC and they're planning a strong showing at club night. Their plan for bringing their beer out is to have a local homebrew store owner drive a rental truck from Michigan to Seattle with 20+ kegs. I think he intends to fly back. Their problem, as you can imagine, is getting rid of the kegs since it doesn't make sense to ship the empties back. I've been charged with inquiring around town to see if anyone would like to buy some guaranteed-to-hold-pressure-and-might-still-contain-awesome-beer corni kegs after the NHC. $25 each. 9 kegs are already spoken for, probably leaving 11 or so. Let me know any of you are interested. Thanks.

          -Aaron

        • Steven Bisig
          Message 4 of 27 , May 4 10:21 AM
            I will take two please.

            Best Regards,
            Steven Bisig
            Steven Bisig Photography
            253.304.6133
            steven@...
            http://www.stevenbisig.com

            Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/stevenbisigphotographer

[...]

          • hop2beer
            Message 5 of 27 , May 4 10:27 AM
              I'd be interested in 4 of those kegs if they're not already spoken for, and I will be at NHC for the entire event so I could pick them up anytime during or after the event.

              Thanks,
              Eliyah

              --- In seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Lyon <aaronlyon@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > Recently, I've been talking to people from a homebrew club I was heavily
              > involved with back in the day, the Ann Arbor Brewers Guild. Many of them
              > are coming out for the NHC and they're planning a strong showing at club
              > night. Their plan for bringing their beer out is to have a local
              > homebrew store owner drive a rental truck from Michigan to Seattle with
              > 20+ kegs. I think he intends to fly back. Their problem, as you can
              > imagine, is getting rid of the kegs since it doesn't make sense to ship
              > the empties back. I've been charged with inquiring around town to see if
              > anyone would like to buy some
              > guaranteed-to-hold-pressure-and-might-still-contain-awesome-beer corni
              > kegs after the NHC. $25 each. 9 kegs are already spoken for, probably
              > leaving 11 or so. Let me know any of you are interested. Thanks.
              >
              > -Aaron

            • jerome
              Message 6 of 27 , May 4 10:27 AM
                I'll take 4.

                Cheers,
                Jerome

              • Rich Drury
                Message 7 of 27 , May 4 10:33 AM
                  Hi Aaron,
                  I'd be interested in 2.  Thanks,
                  Rich Drury

                  To: seattle_homebrewers@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 27 , May 4 10:43 AM
                      Sounds good. I'll let you know about logistics as the even draws closer.

                      -A

                      On 5/4/2012 10:21 AM, Steven Bisig wrote:

                      I will take two please.

                      Best Regards,
                      Steven Bisig
                      Steven Bisig Photography
                      253.304.6133
                      steven@...
                      http://www.stevenbisig.com

                      Message 10 of 27 , May 4 11:04 AM
                        I will take 3 --- thanks phil

                      • scottioc@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 4 11:10 AM
                          I would take 2

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          I will take 3 --- thanks phil

                          Message 12 of 27 , May 4 11:12 AM
                            Never mind guess they are all spoken for.

                            If anyone knows of other cheap kegs,  I have stopped brewing until I get a keg setup.  I'm done with bottles.

                            Thanks

                            Scott

                            =
                          • alibabagrl@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , May 5 9:18 AM
                              I'd be intersted in some!
                              -Alison Sheafor-Joy
                            • alibabagrl@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , May 5 9:18 AM
                                And no, I didn't have my spell check on.
                                interested