Elysian & Pyramid

  • sheaforjoy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      Here is information about a lecture by Dick Cantwell at the Elysian
      Fields. Below that is a Seattle Times article about Pyramid selling
      to Magic Hat. Note: Just found out that the deadline for entering
      the Cascade Brewers Cup has passed, dang, but they are still looking
      for judges & help if anyone is interested.
      -Ali

      The Washington Homebrewers Association would like to invite all
      homebrewers and beer lovers to hear to the inaugural speaker of the
      WAHA's Educational Speaker Program - Dick Cantwell. Come to the Elysian
      Fields brewery down by Qwest Field to hear Dick Cantwell talk about his
      homebrewing past, transition to a professional brewer, and views on the
      future of brewing in America. You'll have a chance to pick the brains of
      one of Washington's brewing pioneers, get a homebrew recipe of one of
      Elysian's award winning beers, and have a chance to meet and mingle with
      your fellow Washington Homebrewers. Admission is free and open to all
      homebrewers and beer lovers. Just bring your brewing questions!

      Event Details:
      Date: May 20th
      Time: 7:00 pm
      Location: Elysian Fields Brewery
      542 1st Ave South
      Seattle, WA 98104
      206-382-4498

      To help plan how much space will be needed, please RSVP at the website
      below by May 17th.
      http://www.surveymonkey.com/s. aspx?sm=sMuMwtB_2b0CtFZgz7mwctvQ_3d_3d

      ****************

      From the Seattle Times:

      Pyramid Breweries plans to be acquired by Magic Hat; shares soar 43%
      By Melissa Allison
      Seattle Times business reporter

      Seattle could lose its last publicly traded brewery this year if
      Pyramid Breweries moves ahead with a plan to sell itself for $2.75 a
      share in cash to Magic Hat Brewing Co. & Performing Arts Center in
      South Burlington, Vt.
      News of the planned deal sent Pyramid shares up 76 cents, or 43.1
      percent, to close at $2.52. Pyramid has traded between $1.50 and $4.66
      during the past year.
      The companies filed a letter of intent with the Securities and
      Exchange Commission today, outlining several hurdles they must cross
      before the companies could be combined. If it clears those hurdles,
      the deal is expected to close by Aug. 31.
      Seattle's only other publicly traded brewery, Redhook Ale Brewery in
      Woodinville, plans to merge this year with Widmer Brothers Brewing of
      Portland. The combined breweries' headquarters would move to Portland.
      Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or mallison@...
    • jerome
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008
        Thanks for the heads up on the WAHA event Alison.

        Cascade Brewers Cup is still open for entries. Here's the latest from the Cascade Brewers Club mailing list:

        The window is now open through May 13th to enter and drop off your
        entries for the Cascade Brewers' Cup. Please try to get your entries
        dropped off by May 13th. However, there is a late grace period for
        drop offs at Mountain Homebrew through 5 PM on May 16th IF needed.

        The Cascade Brewers Cup is now registered as a Washington Homebrewer
        of the Year (WHOTY) qualifying event through Washington Homebrewers
        Association (WAHA).

        $1500 in grand prizes will be awarded in addition to flight
        prizes/awards. Grand prizes to be announced in a couple of days.

        Volunteers~ We need judges!!! If you would like to judge or steward
        on May 17th, 9AM at the Redhook Brewery please go to our website and
        register at
        www.cascadebrewersclub.org

        We're still looking for volunteers to pick up entries on May 14th
        from the various drop off sites with the exception of Mountain
        Homebrew.
        Please, if you can help here contact me!!! I only have 1 arm, 3
        wheels, and a torn map of the Puget Sound circa 1962.

        Cheers,
        Jim Lanning

      • alibabagrl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2008
          Thanks Jerome!  That's great that Mark can still enter the Cascade.
          The web site I went to must have been from a previous year or it's not up to date.
          -Alison