Re: [seattle_homebrewers] Re: Wheat Beer Blooper

  • andy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
      well don't beat yourself up over it, and especially don't pull a michael jackson (the singer of questionable skill not the beer journalist) about it.
      I for one want to publicly express my gratitude for taking control of the event and for volunteering to take the samples down to the collection point.

      so Thank you Jerome,
      Andy

      On Feb 29, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Len wrote:

      Holy Moly Jerome, I just had a mental image of you with a shaved head
      *and* on fire...
      not good...

      --- In seattle_homebrewers @yahoogroups. com, "jerome" <jerome@...> wrote:

      > I was wrong, the limit on three entries per club is stricter than I
      considered. My bad.

      > There are some clubs that are struggling to limit their entries to
      3. There are some clubs that have fewer than 3 entries.
      > We could try and take advantage of an open slot but in the spirit of
      fair play I don't thing that's cool.

      > So for the North Seattle Homebrew entries we can go by the numbers
      on our tally for the entries. Or if we feel it's
      > necessary, we can have further discussion and decide.
      >
      > Sorry 'bout that. Probably not a good idea to have the evaluation
      organizer in on the tasting. At that point in the

    • alibabagrl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
        Too bad we don't have time to re-taste and re-evaluate, to bring it down to 3.
        I, too, was getting a little foggy by the end.

        -Alison

        **************
        (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)
      • jerome
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
          I felt bad for putzing it up. And I didn't want to let anyone else down, so I held back my entry and dropped off the
          Andy, Paul and Mark beers.

          cheers,

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008

            In a message dated 3/3/08 1:15:48 PM, jerome@... writes:

            Dear Jerome,

            Gosh, I didn't expect that!  We just assumed Mark was out because he came in 4th.  That was really big of you--way too kind.  Now, I feel bad.  Didn't you come in first?  We'll just have to make it  up to you somehow--we'll think of something.

            -Alison

            I felt bad for putzing it up. And I didn't want to let anyone else down, so I held back my entry and dropped off the
            Andy, Paul and Mark beers.

            cheers,

            It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
            (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)
          • jerome
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
              Thanks Alison, I appreciate that. Please don't feel bad, I had a great time hanging out and sharing our beer. That's
              much more important and satisfying to me than having an entry picked for the Competition.

              cheers,
              jerome