Re: [sdr-radio-com] Re: Maximum variable filter bandwidth

  • Leif Asbrink
    Message 1 of 52 , Jul 31, 2010
      Hi Alex,

      > I followed your instructions and Linrad 3.13 is now
      > installed and I can call it up using the desktop shortcut.
      Fine:-)

      > I've got the SDR-IQ as the input device and the Realtek
      > set as the output device to the speakers. I'm sure it's
      > something simple, but I'm unable to hear anything coming
      > from the speakers.
      Do you see a main spectrum and the associated waterfall?

      When you click a signal in the main spectrum/waterfall you
      should see a green line on that frequency and you should
      see a baseband spectrum and its associated waterfall.

      > Also, don't quite know how to correlate the upper
      > frequency display to the received frequency of the IQ.
      This thing is a compromise. Only the decimals are shown in the
      main spectrum. The full frequency readout is in the baseband
      graph while the center frequency for the SDR-IQ (or whatever
      hardware) is in the frequency control box.

      > Using a new Windows 7 32 bit Toshiba laptop for this.
      As far as I know the OS version does not matter and any
      hardware of the Pentium 3 level or above should be fully
      adequate.

      > Also have a legal VAC download available on the PC.
      I have no experience with VAC, but I would expect it to
      behave as any normal Windows sound device.

      > Can you direct me to your instructions on how to get
      > this up and running?
      I have no idea why it is not up and running already.
      Surely there are many ways to set parameters that
      would result in zero output, but I would think default
      parameters should give a working starting point.

      For the SDR-IQ: ol rcf is an attenuator. A large
      value will make signals weak.

      The red bar at the left hand side of the baseband graph
      is the volume control. If too low you would hear nothing.

      I have already written far too much text. If you would read
      all of it you would most probably know what to do, but I
      do not expect newcomers to have the interest to do that
      so I am interested in your feedback on what you have now.
      It is unexpected that you do not have a working receiver
      and presumably I should change something.

      73

      Leif / SM5BSZ
    • Leif Asbrink
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 31, 2010