RE: [sdr-radio-com] SDR IQ and Console not playing together now - solution!

  • Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011
      Hi Simon, after much headscratching and system checking I have finally found out what was causing the 'sync lost' error - it was the FIRMWARE in the SDR-IQ. I had updated the firmware to v1.04, and in a flash of perspiration decided to reflash it back to v1.01. Bingo - everything works now! v1.04 must have a nasty bug in it.

      That will teach me!

      73, Sean G4UCJ

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH

      OK, logfile is on it's way.

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011

        What fIrmware?

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV
        http://sdr-radio.com

        From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH

        OK, logfile is on it's way.

      • RFSPACE
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011
          Simon,

          Make sure you are not enabling the hardware sync that us now included in the new firmware. This is there to enable ionospheric sounding etc using one pin on the RS232 connector.

          Pieter

          ... brevity and typos due to sending via my iphone  ...

          From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH

          OK, logfile is on it's way.

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011

            What?

            Simon Brown, HB9DRV
            http://sdr-radio.com

            From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH

            OK, logfile is on it's way.

          • GG Higgs
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011

              From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH

              OK, logfile is on it's way.

              Simon,

                You are doing a great job....your program is the only one that works well in Windows 7 with the Ensemble HF receiver.....thanks so much.

              Gary, N5XED

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2011

                Just finished talking to Moe – we’ve found the bug, new firmware for the IQ very soon.

                Simon Brown, HB9DRV
                http://sdr-radio.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
                  That's great news. At least my fiddling uncovered a new bug - I don't feel so bad now as some good will come of it!

                  73, Sean

                  From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of GG HiggsSent: 31 October 2011 20:24
                  To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com

                  On 10/31/2011 10:43 AM, Sean Gilbert, International Editor - WRTH wrote:

                  Hi Simon, after much headscratching and system checking I have finally found out what was causing the 'sync lost' error - it was the FIRMWARE in the SDR-IQ. I had updated the firmware to v1.04, and in a flash of perspiration decided to reflash it back to v1.01. Bingo - everything works now! v1.04 must have a nasty bug in it.< o>

                  That will teach me!

                  73, Sean G4UCJ

                  It’s not the driver (I think) although you’re running a different one to me. It looks like a problem getting the data out of the IQ which does sound like a USB issue to me. For reasons I don’t understand I just can’t read the data fast enough.

                  I̵ 7;ll carry on thinking...

                  Simon Brown, HB9DRV
                  http://sdr-radio.com