RE: [sdr-radio-com] FM Broadcast - PI Codes [1 Attachment]

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011

      Hi All,

      If you look at the right-hand screenshot you see the classic FM Stereo signal, compare this with:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_broadcasting

      and especially

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RDS_vs_DirectBand_FM-spectrum2.svg

      Simon Brown, HB9DRV
      http://sdr-radio.com

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011

        So the S runs in firmware? Explain, it’s interesting J

        Simon Brown, HB9DRV
        http://sdr-radio.com

        From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MIKE DURKIN

        I don't have a computer connected to my UHFSDR ...

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011

          Already there (I think). FWIW the firmware in the NetSDR can be interrogated to find out what downconverters are installed etc.

          I’m getting on well with my small standalone app. and hope to have this working before Pieter fires a NetSDR X2 at me. This small app will be *open source* so if you have VS 6.0 C++ and take leave of your senses you can modify / write yourself. The app talks to the console via TCP/IP and UDP.

          Simon Brown, HB9DRV
          http://sdr-radio.com

          From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pd0psb@...

          Great! So the converters will just add to the range without setting offsets etc...

          Have you thought about a seperate antenna input for the converters?
          (Use REF input with additive label?)

        • Tracey Gardner
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011
            Hello Simon

            Is there any chance of having a frequency hopping timer/recording facility associated with your FM/RDS software?
            With Band II being so wide it would be handy to be able to program a recording that could hop frequency and sequentially record sections, for ** seconds/minutes of the band when there is an opening

            73s Tracey

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011

              Sure, but first I must get the decoder working.

              Simon Brown, HB9DRV
              http://sdr-radio.com

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2011
                im sorry ... did you mean ssb for "s" ... its level and phase is controlled with a pic through a tlv320 ( DSP ) ... the SDR2GO is the audio / display / Si570 controller portion of the stand alone sdr. Im fishing for a FM demodolation of the base band for 2 meters and above.

                Mike KC7NOA

                To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
                From: simon@...
                Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 09:39:44 +0200

                From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of MIKE DURKIN

                I don't have a computer connected to my UHFSDR ...

              • apritch@blueyonder.co.uk
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 13, 2012
                  I'm interested in further developing the RDS SDRDigitalDialog decoder add-on for the SDR
                  Console.

                  To this end is the source code available?

                  Andy, M0CYP - Telford
                  http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview.htm
                  http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/radioprop.htm

                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 13, 2012

                    Ah,

                    Sorry – didn’t answer, am concentrating on something else.

                    Let me find some time to get the code integrated, then we can look at this – you can always call me on SKYPE – sdr-radio.com .

                    Simon Brown, HB9DRV
                    http://sdr-radio.com

                    Not sent from an iPhone: I prefer cappuccino to Cupertino.

                    I'm interested in further developing the RDS SDRDigitalDialog decoder add-on for the SDR
                    Console.

                    To this end is the source code available?

                    Andy, M0CYP - Telford
                    http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview.htm
                    http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/radioprop.htm

                    --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

                    > Already there (I think). FWIW the firmware in the NetSDR can be interrogated
                    > to find out what downconverters are installed etc.
                    >

                    > I'm getting on well with my small standalone app. and hope to have this
                    > working before Pieter fires a NetSDR X2 at me. This small app will be *open
                    > source* so if you have VS 6.0 C++ and take leave of your senses you can
                    > modify / write yourself. The app talks to the console via TCP/IP and UDP.
                    >

                    > Simon Brown, HB9DRV
                    > http://sdr-radio.com
                    >

                    > From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com]
                    > On Behalf Of pd0psb@...
                    >
                    > Great! So the converters will just add to the range without setting offsets
                    > etc...
                    >
                    > Have you thought about a seperate antenna input for the converters?
                    > (Use REF input with additive label?)

                  • Andy Pritchard
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 13, 2012
                      Ok, understand (I did take note about the volume of email’s you get!).

                      I’m interested in experimenting with ways to improve the sensitivity of the PI Code decoding algorithm.

                      (Not setup for Skype here)

                      href="http://sdr-radio.com">http://sdr-radio.com

                      > From:
                      href="mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:sdr-radio-com%40yahoogroups.com]

                      On Behalf Of pd0psb@...

                      > Great! So the converters will just add
                      to the range without setting offsets
                      > etc...
                      >
                      > Have you
                      thought about a seperate antenna input for the converters?
                      > (Use REF
                      input with additive label?)