RE: [sdr-radio-com] FT-2000, IF-2000, SDR-14 and SDR-Radio

  • Henk [pd5dp]
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2011

      Hi Pieter,

      I think indeed that it works the same with the FT-950. Meanwhile I got the SSB part sort out (I think). I have normal results when I set the LSB offset to 0 (zero) and the USB offset to -3000Hz. This way I hear the same in SDR-Radio as on my Yaesu FT-2000 and also the graphical part looks Ok now.

      Now I am trying to figure out how all works with the CW part. I am listening at the moment to a CW beacon on 28.240.06 mHz. I hear the same, but on the waterfall the CW signal is on the left-side of the passband. I am using CW-L at the moment. No idea if this is correct.

      I am a real novice regarding the CW-L and the CW-U part. Anyone who can explain to me what is supposed to  happen when using it? I noticed that the frequency stays the same when switching between CW-L and CW-U, but the passband moves from the leftside (CW-L) to the rightside (CW-U).

      I would find it much easier when we only had CW and that we only have to put the passband over the signal. No CW-L or CW-U. Anyone who can explain why this situation in SDR-Radio is better then the simple one I described?

      73 de Henk [pd5dp]

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 15, 2011
        Simon,

        the problem is indeed still there with the FT-950 and build 716.

        When working with HRD in combination with the console most things work smoothly now. There seems to be an issue with HRD, however, when using memories (this is one of my main reasons to use HRD). A memory position which contains a CW entry puts the radio into LSB. Digimodes come out as USB without an offset.

        I have observed similar behaviour also when controlling the FT-950 directly by HRD without the console. The same memory position can do different things, depending on whether HRD controls an FT-817 or an FT-950.

        I am aware that HRD is not on top of the priority list right now but this is what people outside of this group love you for :-)

        Wolfgang

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Henk [pd5dp]" <henkpit@...> wrote:

        > Hi Pieter,
        >

        > I think indeed that it works the same with the FT-950. Meanwhile I got the SSB part sort out (I think). I have normal results when I set the LSB offset to 0 (zero) and the USB offset to -3000Hz. This way I hear the same in SDR-Radio as on my Yaesu FT-2000 and also the graphical part looks Ok now.
        >

        > Now I am trying to figure out how all works with the CW part. I am listening at the moment to a CW beacon on 28.240.06 mHz. I hear the same, but on the waterfall the CW signal is on the left-side of the passband. I am using CW-L at the moment. No idea if this is correct.
        >

        > I am a real novice regarding the CW-L and the CW-U part. Anyone who can explain to me what is supposed to happen when using it? I noticed that the frequency stays the same when switching between CW-L and CW-U, but the passband moves from the leftside (CW-L) to the rightside (CW-U).
        >

        > I would find it much easier when we only had CW and that we only have to put the passband over the signal. No CW-L or CW-U. Anyone who can explain why this situation in SDR-Radio is better then the simple one I described?
        >

        > 73 de Henk [pd5dp]

      • df2si_wolfgang
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 15, 2011
          I just played around with the IF offset frequencies trying to receive a reference oscillator. With +1400Hz for LSB and -1500Hz for USB I am now getting the carrier signals on the waterfall within few 10Hz to where they are supposed to be. The difference in absolute offset values is probably due to inaccuracies of all the different local oscillators employed in the signal path.

          Wolfgang