I DO have a transmit audio issue when SDR-Radio is running

  • Andy obrien
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2011
      I am still working on my combination of SDR-Radio, Commander and my
      Kenwood TS2000., control and sync of rigs is working well, so are all
      the receive settings. I am working on digital mode settings today and
      have discovered that with SDR Radio Console running and using the
      TS2000 to transmit digital mode audio generated by the same PC that is
      using SDR-Radio, the digital mode tones oscillate in volume, up and
      down constantly. Turning SDR Radio Console off, immediately stops the
      problem, the transmitted audio tones heard via the Kenwood's TX
      Monitor are a nice steady tone. It took me a while to figure this
      out, so I am taking a break . I thought I would ask here for
      advise/ideas to try when I return.

      Oh, just figured out the transmitted audio is "good" if I turn the AF
      volume down to almost zero in SDR-Radio. So I need to find some way
      to fix this without manually changing the volume setting, it would not
      be practical for ARQ modes line Winmor, V4 Chat, ALE, etc. Any ideas
      ?

      Andy K3UK
    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2011
        Hi Andy, Are you using a laptop computer?  If so, maybe the built in microphone is active and feeding back the speaker audio into the transmit audio stream.

        73, Russ K2TXB

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2011
          Good point,  but I don't think that is the issue since it happened even when I  turn the speakers off.   I have  sound leaving the Laptop's headphone jack and split to two places, external  speakers and the transmit audio to my digital mode interface (Microkeyer) .   The problem occurs even if I eliminate the audio from the headphone jack to the external speakers.  I am going to play around with the possibility of two distinct audio devices, one taking audio from the headphone jack and one from a USB sound adaptor that I have.  SDR-Radio will use the internal sound card to my external speakers and the USB sound adapter will provide the transmit audio from laptop to rig.  I just tried it and all kinds of nasty nosies occurred, so will double check things.

          Andy K3UK