Re: [sdr-radio-com] Re: SDR-Radio and Commander---Full Success

  • Andy obrien
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
      Got it, I  had 673 on one PC but only 670 on the one that worked OK with VSP.    My SDR-Radio Console is controlling the TS2000, Very nice Simon and Dave.   I have VSP and Microham's Device Router coexisting peacefully.

      This will really make my weekend , much as Spectravue is a nice program, Simon's program is really why I bought an SDR in the first place.

      Thanks also to Cal for spotting the version issue.

      By the way, I am using Commander and SDR-Radio Console on an old PC with XP HE, 1 gig of RAM, 2.3 single core processor.  SDR-Radio Console uses a good chunk of CPU , but it works fine on this low end PC.  Now, to see if I can get the combo to work on my more powerful pc , earlier this week the installation of VSP caused a blue screen of death and necessitated a uninstall of Microham Device Router

      Andy K3UK

      On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Cal Latham <calder_b@...> wrote:
          Andy, just make sure you are using Version 1.4 Beta, build 673. That is the one Simon modified that made it all happen. Just in case you missed the link:

          http://www.ham-radio.ch/kits/sdr-radio.com/Beta/Private/SDR-RADIO_v1.4b673.exe      (I think it is a pre-release just for this issue)

          Thanks to Dave and Simon it is working just great here, Cal...

      All the Best
      Cal, W1HHO
      Fraternity Village ME.
      Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:40 PM
      Subject: [sdr-radio-com] Re: SDR-Radio and Commander--- Partial Success

      I'm making progress, reinstalled VSP and things started to work. I

      now have The SDR-IQ following the Kenwood TS-2000 dial position, as I
      turn the Kenwood dial the SDR-IQ moves to the same frequency. The KEY
      function for me is that when I click on a signal on the SDR-IQ, the
      Kenwood follows. Trying either of the Commander options (Lead,
      Follow, Both, does not seem to change this. Is clicking on the
      SDR-Radio Console waterfall and having the TS-2000 QSY, possible yet ?

      Andy K3UK

      On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Andy obrien <mailto:k3ukandy%40gmail.com> wrote:
      > I lost the plot in the previous large thread on this topic, some  of
      > the rather brief replies made it hard for me to follow.  So, let me
      > ask a couple of basic questions before I spend more time trying to
      > troubleshoot any further.
      >
      > 1.  Can you confirm that the latest beta of SDR-Radio enables a
      > correctly connected Kenwood transceiver using Commander to FOLLOW SDR
      > Rdaio?  A clock on the SDR Radio waterfall causes the kenwood to
      > change to a corresponding frequency?
      >
      > 2.  Can you confirm that to set this up correctly using "paired"
      > virtual serial ports 15 and 16, SDR-Radio would have port 15 set to
      > open  (not 16 too) and then Commander would have port 16 as the
      > enabled secondary port?
      >

      > Andy k3Uk

    • Andy obrien

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
          I successfully exorcised the gremlins impacting VSP manager and my laptop.  I now have a fully functioning SDR-Radio console, SDR-IQ, Commander and TS2000 controlled by my faster computer.   CPU = 7% with dual ("zoom") waterfalls and spectrum, DX Keeper, and Spotcollector engaged.  15% CPU in total if I open up Multipsk.
          Core i7, 4 gigs RAM.  XP Pro.
          Simon made my birthday a good one.

          Andy K3UK

        • Dave AA6YQ
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2011
            Congrats and Happy Birthday, Andy!

            I suggest that you open the DXLab Launcher's Configuration window, click the Workspaces button, and either update your current workspace, or create and populate a new workspace that records the DXLab settings supporting this configuration.

                73,

                     Dave, AA6YQ