Re: [sdr-radio-com] Apple Fan Boys

  • Jeff Blaine
    Message 1 of 60 , May 1, 2011
      Simon,

      I understand and best of luck.  A combo of sdr-radio and Koh’s cocomodem would be quite an interesting complementary pair for the RTTY nuts like me.

      Good luck.

      73, Jeff ACØC
      www.ac0c.com

      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:55 PM
      Subject: RE: [sdr-radio-com] Apple Fan Boys

      Windows will not be dropped, it’s simply a question of developing pure Mac applications as well.

      And don’t forget the iPad2.

      Simon HB9DRV, http://sdr-radio.com

      My other radio is the RFspace NetSDR

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Blaine

      If you and RFSPACE are in the normal kind of business proposition where the rewards follow unit-volume, then the bet remains by about 8:1 in favour of continued focus on the Win OS flavours.  All the flavors of non-Windows including Apple only total about 20% of the market.  Intel and MS are the closest things in the universe to the Borg.  While that certainly could change, I don’t see “a clear lead in the desktop arena” anytime in the future if you count by seats.

    • Marcel
      Message 60 of 60 , May 29, 2011
        Hi Simon,

        Will it be possible to control the sdr-radio console frequency from the MAIN or SUBVFO of the radio (Elecraft K3 in my case)

        This will allow to use the sdr as a panadapter or an "integrated" subreceiver (sdr following sub vfo qrg).

        I guess it will be easy for you

        Thanks in advance