Re: Synchronizing Frequency in SDR Console with Station-List in DREAM?

  • dg9vh
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2011
      Well Simon,

      your DRM-Support is as good as in other programmes :-) Your programme delivers the audio DREAM needs in an virtual audio cable and that's enougth to work in general. Now I work with "manual tuning" but you know: It's the comfortable way a human being want's to live :-)

      I can live with this so it's not so urgent to take your time with diagnosting this. Thanks for the hint with the Ports Monitor. I'll take a look at it :-)

      For final:

      You do a fantastic work with your software - this means SDR-Radio as well as Ham Radio Deluxe, that I am using for serveral matters :-)

      Off-Topic:
      Apropos HRD: I would like to donate via Paypal but it only works with credit-cards and not (as usual?) with "Bankeinzug" (sri, don't know the english word). Is this right?

      73, Kim, DG9VH

      --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

      > To be honest my DRM support is a 'bodge' because you have to tune 7khz lower
      > (I think).
      >

      > We can look at the commands you are sending using the Serial Ports windows
      > Monitor and Test.
      >

      > Simon HB9DRV, http://sdr-radio.com
      >
      > My other radio is the RFspace NetSDR

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
        From: "Simon HB9DRV"
        Subject: RE: [sdr-radio-com] Synchronizing Frequency in SDR Console with
        Station-List in DREAM?

        > To be honest my DRM support is a 'bodge' because you have to tune 7khz
        > lower
        > (I think).

        As an example the centre of SSB audio is offset from the tuned "carrier"
        frequency. 1500Hz? .
        Similarly the centre of the audio passband of DRM needs to be offset by a
        certain amount.
        I think +7KHz is the figure.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Brendan Minish
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
          On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 08:04 +0100, Simon HB9DRV wrote:

          > To be honest my DRM support is a ‘bodge’ because you have to tune 7khz
          > lower (I think).

          It's 12KHz for the official DRM consortium software
          DREAM is more tolerant of offset so will work with 7Khz

          Brendan EI6IZ
        • Robin Thompson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011

            I’m just getting round to playing with DRM again using Dream

            I decided to uninstall  VAC a few weeks ago as I was getting problems with other devices (microHAM) which are now solved  – I now find that reinstalling VAC that the drivers being unsigned (Win7/64) won’t load… it DID work  …can someone remind of the installation procedure ?

            Robin

            G3TKF