Re: Welcome

  • G4SWX
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 23, 2010
      --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "voltdrop" <sailingtoo@...> wrote:

      > > Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
      > > We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside
      > > There behind a glass stands a real blade of grass
      > > Be careful as you pass, move along, move along
      >
      > I remember the ELP group, but had forgotten the words - those are scary words.

      Not as good as the smoke and noise of them live at a gig in Manchester's Free Trade Hall in the early 70's
      Am waiting for Simon to smash up his intruments on Youtube :-)

      John
    • s3hampton
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 23, 2010
        Hello, Simon!

        Just to add my "point of view" to the pile: My desire is to have the following points features in a future release:

        1. Works with the Flex-Radios.
        (Replaces or enhances PowerSDR?)

        2. Allows TX as well as RX modes.
        (I have now used SDR-Radio on my laptop to receive only; NICE!!)

        3. Allow RX and TX audio to be coupled to a Flex or an Icom, etc., with no need for the likes of added hardware, VAC-with-Skype, etc.)

        4. (This is logically the "path..") -But I'll add this last point anyway; -SDR-Radio will REPLACE HRD or will work with HRD.

        In looking at the SDR-Radio product, I am very pleased and feel excited at the future enhancements. If this stuff has been covered before, please forgive me.

        I am amazed at the degree of quality as well as on-going enhancements that I see in HRD! (From this, my expections-trends come..?)

        73!!!! -Mike- KØJTA

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 24, 2010

          1.      Flex - once their FireWire driver stops crashing (BSOD) I may buy a 5000a.

          2.      TX - with SoftRock by the end of May 2010.

          3.      Yes.

          4.      The next HRD kit works with the SDR-RADIO console.

          About Flex support - although I can add this the software you need should be provided by Flex, after all you've paid them enough :) They say (I think) that Deep Impact will be available this year, but even so once there's a bullet-proof driver I would still be interested *unless* an alternative to Flex appears on the market and there's a good chance that it will (and I cannot say any more at the moment so don't ask).

          So let's see - towards the end of 2010 I'll know whether the competition to Flex will happen and I'll make a decision one way or another regarding support for Flex radios in this software. I do feel honour-bound to add Flex support as Flex has made SDR so very popular in the Ham community.

          My gut feeling: I'll be buying a Flex in August / September 2010.

          Simon Brown, HB9DRV

          http://sdr-radio.com

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 3, 2010
            Hi Simon,
            I know its an old message, but Im a new member to the group, and a 'flexer' so to speak.

            I appreciate your comments re BSODS and possible new kid on the block (not heard anything so far)

            Is it possible until you add support for Flex, to use SDR-Radio similarly to how cwskimmer accomodates it, using VAC as the transport of IQ data, and using Softrock emulation. Admittedly its chaining two pieces of software via a third, but it would allow me to use your software without purchasing more SDR hardware.

            Since I bought a new quad core machine in March I have had absolutely no problems with PowerSDR V2 software, drivers or otherwise, using Win7 and a decent firewire card, the radio (Flex-3000) is on 24x7.

            It's time you got the 5000!! Simon.

            Best Regards

            Steve
            G6HOQ

            --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >

            > 1. Flex - once their FireWire driver stops crashing (BSOD) I may buy a
            > 5000a.
            >
            > 2. TX - with SoftRock by the end of May 2010.
            >
            > 3. Yes.
            >
            > 4. The next HRD kit works with the SDR-RADIO console.
            >

            > About Flex support - although I can add this the software you need should be
            > provided by Flex, after all you've paid them enough :) They say (I think)
            > that Deep Impact will be available this year, but even so once there's a
            > bullet-proof driver I would still be interested *unless* an alternative to
            > Flex appears on the market and there's a good chance that it will (and I
            > cannot say any more at the moment so don't ask).
            >

            > So let's see - towards the end of 2010 I'll know whether the competition to
            > Flex will happen and I'll make a decision one way or another regarding
            > support for Flex radios in this software. I do feel honour-bound to add Flex
            > support as Flex has made SDR so very popular in the Ham community.
            >

            > My gut feeling: I'll be buying a Flex in August / September 2010.
            >

            > Simon Brown, HB9DRV
            >
            > http://sdr-radio.com

          • RFSPACE
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 3, 2010