Re: IQ Data File Analysis

  • Anders
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
      Simon,

      I always use the spur reduction. But I will check this again next time.

      Thanks!
      Anders

      --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >

      > This isn't me - maybe it's the spur from the IQ? There's a spur reduction
      > option in the console.
      >

      > What happens if you shift the frequency by 10Hz?
      >

      > Simon HB9DRV
      >
      > http://sdr-radio.com

    • Anders
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
        No "red marker" found when chaning frequency from the "center frequency of the wave file". So if it is not your marker, it must obviously be the spur as you mention. Thanks again.

        73
        Anders

        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

          No problem J

          The NetSDR doesn’t have a spur...

          Simon HB9DRV

          http://sdr-radio.com

          From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anders

          No "red marker" found when chaning frequency from the "center frequency of the wave file". So if it is not your marker, it must obviously be the spur as you mention. Thanks again.

        • groups
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

            Augusto

            I have one of them (No. 105), and yes they are more rare than hen’s teeth (as we say in English) and I am available for testing it for Simon if / when required under various versions of Microsoft operating systems.  Just to make you jealous, it does seem rather good! Keep trying, it would seem that there is a larger batch in sight, soon, real soon.

            73 de Roger G7RUH

            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

              I would like to buy one to see what can be done, sadly it’s not easy to get one so I can’t add the support L

              No if there was  a way for proven SDR developers to get their hands on a unit...

              Simon HB9DRV

              http://sdr-radio.com

              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                Hi Roger, G7RUH ,
                You lucky OM !

                I have re-tested and found that I have pushed the button "Buy Now" at 00' 00" (my PC clock synchro +-1")
                and compiled all and pushed "PayNow " about 3" later....  ways TOO MUCH !!
                 ";^))
                OK for the hen's teeth , I did not know that, vy comic.
                We say here something alike that but not so fine, using a 4 letter words ...

                I asked time ago about FCD support, but Simon is too busy, he has not yet answered my question about FCD .
                Anyway, I hope that he'll do it and give some support.

                Abt FCD it would be interesting if also the IQ signals were available to external world, I guess;
                but I am not at all expert in this field, so maybe I say something silly.

                Anyway keep me informed about yuour tests with that.
                Maybe I have found a product alike that, not aimed at the Ham Market; need to study it better, (autopsia) I have it here from some time now.

                73 and thanks Roger!
                                             Augusto HB9TZA / I2JJR

                PS Are you the same G7RUH (I am not sure to remember well the call ) that had so much to do with the BeeB these times?

                Message 7 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

                  You only asked yesterday!

                  Simon HB9DRV

                  http://sdr-radio.com

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

                    The Legends are now optional.

                    Simon HB9DRV

                    http://sdr-radio.com

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                      Hi Simon,
                      I would suggest him to send you a prototype, or at least ease you to get one, Simon !
                      In the interest of us all , end users and Ham community.
                      73 de Augusto HB9TZA / I2JJR

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011

                        The VFO specification is very simple so I see no problems. The only downside is the bandwidth of only 80kHz – with 500kHz or more we could see more signals simultaneously...

                        Simon HB9DRV

                        http://sdr-radio.com

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                          Sry Simon!
                          I apologize , I did mistake.
                          It seemed to me to have done it before ....
                          Augusto hb9tza

                          Il 04/01/2011 19.49, Simon HB9DRV ha scritto:

                          You only asked yesterday!

                          I asked time ago about FCD support, but Simon is too busy, he has not yet answered my question about FCD .
                          Anyway, I hope that he'll do it and give some support.

                        • Rob M0TFO
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 4, 2011
                            I don't think Simon can do much at the moment, he like many others lost out on the last Batch,

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 24, 2011
                              Simon,

                              Is it possible to also get the 4th decimal when hoovering over the scanned IQ Data File?

                              When I scan for example a 40 Hz bandwidth or smaller over night, 1 Hz seems like a very coarse measure. At least if the rx is perfectly calibrated against 1341,0000 BBC.

                              73
                              Anders
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 24, 2011

                                Sure...

                                Simon HB9DRV

                                http://sdr-radio.com

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jan 24, 2011
                                  Simon,

                                  Great!

                                  73
                                  Anders

                                  --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi,
                                  >

                                  > Sure...
                                  >

                                  > Simon HB9DRV
                                  >
                                  > http://sdr-radio.com

                                • Tuomo Ahonen
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 15, 2011
                                    Thanks Simon for the newest beta.
                                    I have found the IQ Data File Analysis very useful. I was wondering if it would be possible to make the cursor to show also an exact timestamp in addition to the frequency when moving cursor on the display? This would make it possible to check immediately the certain interesting recording point with audio.
                                    I have also problems to creat over than 2½ hours analysis. This is the issue we talked earlier privately.

                                    73,s
                                    Tuomo
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 15, 2011

                                      While walking the dogs I realised that I must make a better Options window for IQ Analysis, maybe in a few days. Got a few semi-urgent ‘bits’ to add first.

                                      Simon HB9DRV

                                      http://sdr-radio.com