Re: [sdr-radio-com] Where to get SDR in USA (California)

  • Ken N9VV
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2010
      List found on http://www.n9vv.com

      growing list of QSD (Generation-II) SDR kits

      http://www.kb9yig.com/
      http://www.genesisradio.com.au/
      http://www.nt7v.com/index.html
      http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/
      http://www.lazydogengineering.com
      http://www.sdr-kits.net/
      http://py2wm.qsl.br/SDR/SDRZero-2.html
      http://www.qrz.lt/ly1gp/SDR/
      http://www.rfsystem.it/shop/
      http://www.comsistel.com/Ciao%20Radio.htm
      http://www.nti-online.de/edirabox.htm
      http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html UHF SDR
      http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/
      http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr
      http://www.iw3aut.altervista.org/
      http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/mobo43/

      GL de Ken N9VV

      On 5/5/2010 7:17 AM, n2842j@... wrote:
      > Hi All.
      > I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida.

      I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an
      SDR kit or assembled,.

      Which ever is available at this time.

      Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett
    • vbifyz
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2010
        I've got Softrock v9.0 +xtall from KB9YIG (http://www.kb9yig.com/).
        It is an amazing value at $56 plus shipping, although you have to check the site often to catch it when it is available.

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "n2842j@..." <mlovrr@...> wrote:

        > Hi All.
        > I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

      • David Messing
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2010
          I have an Elektor that covered 500 kHz to 30 mHz for $125.
          With that unit providing I Q output via a 1/8" stereo jack an audio card with 190 kHz sampling with stereo input is needed.  Now that I am using the RFSPACE SDR-IQ all that comes in via the USB.
          Dave
          K0RWM

          On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM, n2842j@... <mlovrr@...> wrote:

          Hi All.
          I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

        • Geoffrey Barnett
          Message 4 of 7 , May 24, 2010
            Hello, David.
            Maybe I misunderstood your comment? Were you saying that you have anElektor for sale @ 125? If you do, I would like it,but, (there is always a "BUT") I am on social security, or maybe it is social insecurity, so  The money is available in the second week of june. If you can do this, I would definitly take that lil dude off your hands, Happily.
            Geoff N7OAK

            --
            N7OAK
          • David Messing
            Message 5 of 7 , May 25, 2010
              Hi Geoff,

              In the meantime, a local guy is showing interest and I will be seeing him this evening.  He is searching for a computer to make it happen.    Will let you know how that comes out.  The June date is no problem.

              Do you know Geoff you will also need a sound card with a stereo input?  If the stereo sound card highest sample rate is 48 kHz, the widest bandwidth you will see at one time will be the same.  I purchased the E-Mu 0202 soundcard for under a hundred dollars, it is an external USB card.  It will sample 190 kHz.

              I have some photos of it on Google photos if you can contact me off line.

              Dave
              K0RWM