Re: [sdr-radio-com] Where to get SDR in USA (California)

  • David Messing
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2010
      My first SDR was the Elektor for $139.  It has the I Q signals that are fed to a stereo input of a soundcard.  I used the E-Mu 0202 USB  ($95) external sound card which gives you a full 190 kHz bandwidth.  I am still using the soundcard with a RFSpace SDR-IQ.

      The Elektor card tunes from bottom end of broadcast to 30 mHz.  A local SWL friend wants to buy it, but sure is dragging his feet.  I placed the board in a metal box with a SO-239 connector.  Would sell it for $120, if he doesn't do something.

      I have seen others asking Simon for an Elekor driver for the SDR-Radio Console.  I used in on the G8JCF and Winrad software with great success.

      Dave
      K0RWM

      On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM, n2842j@... <mlovrr@...> wrote:

      Hi All.
      I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida. I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an SDR kit or assembled,. Which ever is available at this time. Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett

    • Ken N9VV
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2010
        List found on http://www.n9vv.com

        growing list of QSD (Generation-II) SDR kits

        http://www.kb9yig.com/
        http://www.genesisradio.com.au/
        http://www.nt7v.com/index.html
        http://zao.jp/radio/soft66ad/
        http://www.lazydogengineering.com
        http://www.sdr-kits.net/
        http://py2wm.qsl.br/SDR/SDRZero-2.html
        http://www.qrz.lt/ly1gp/SDR/
        http://www.rfsystem.it/shop/
        http://www.comsistel.com/Ciao%20Radio.htm
        http://www.nti-online.de/edirabox.htm
        http://wb6dhw.com/For_Sale.html UHF SDR
        http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/
        http://users.skynet.be/myspace/mdsr
        http://www.iw3aut.altervista.org/
        http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/mobo43/

        GL de Ken N9VV

        On 5/5/2010 7:17 AM, n2842j@... wrote:
        > Hi All.
        > I am N7OAK and live in Southern California, Statesida.

        I would like advice from the group as to where I might purchase an
        SDR kit or assembled,.

        Which ever is available at this time.

        Thanks to all, de N7OAK , Geoff Barnett
      • vbifyz
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2010
          I've got Softrock v9.0 +xtall from KB9YIG (http://www.kb9yig.com/).
          It is an amazing value at $56 plus shipping, although you have to check the site often to catch it when it is available.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2010
              Hello, David.
              Maybe I misunderstood your comment? Were you saying that you have anElektor for sale @ 125? If you do, I would like it,but, (there is always a "BUT") I am on social security, or maybe it is social insecurity, so  The money is available in the second week of june. If you can do this, I would definitly take that lil dude off your hands, Happily.
              Geoff N7OAK

              --
              N7OAK
            • David Messing
              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2010
                Hi Geoff,

                In the meantime, a local guy is showing interest and I will be seeing him this evening.  He is searching for a computer to make it happen.    Will let you know how that comes out.  The June date is no problem.

                Do you know Geoff you will also need a sound card with a stereo input?  If the stereo sound card highest sample rate is 48 kHz, the widest bandwidth you will see at one time will be the same.  I purchased the E-Mu 0202 soundcard for under a hundred dollars, it is an external USB card.  It will sample 190 kHz.

                I have some photos of it on Google photos if you can contact me off line.

                Dave
                K0RWM