XiOne

  • Mauno Ritola
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
      Has this been mentioned and if not, any comments?:
      http://www.xivero.de/xione/?inframe=yes&iframe=true

      Still a prototype and "Crowd funding started" ...

      Mauno
    • MV Elttba
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
        looks interesting
      • Guy Atkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 14, 2014
          Hi Mauno,

          From my understanding of the specifications this planned SDR does *not* look very desirable. The 50dB dynamic range is low, and the R820T DAB tuner and the RTL2832U controller and related RTL-xxxxx components are commonly used for entry-level, inexpensive SDRs.

          I see no mention of low pass or band pass filtering, so expect overloading that will greatly hamper DXing on various bands. Without filtering, the user of this receiver would only be able to reduce the gain to manage overload... and there goes your sensitivity for good reception.

          Others who are more knowledgeable about the technicalities of SDRs can comment further, but this XiOne product appears to be nothing more than a basic DAB tuner-based SDR with a battery pack and interface to a tablet, smartphone, or computer.

          73,

          Guy Atkins
          Puyallup, WA USA

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 15, 2014
            Thanks, Guy. So they leave quite a responsibility to the software :-)

            Best regards,

            Mauno

            15.8.2014 2:37, Guy Atkins dx@... [sdr-radio-com] kirjoitti:

            Hi Mauno,

            From my understanding of the specifications this planned SDR does *not* look very desirable. The 50dB dynamic range is low, and the R820T DAB tuner and the RTL2832U controller and related RTL-xxxxx components are commonly used for entry-level, inexpensive SDRs.

[...]

          • dxnature
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2014
              Guy, you wrote just what I was going to comment. I can even not se if there is a decent FPGA implemented. I guess they want to introduce this with a small pricetag to draw the attention of the RTL stick crowd.73' RonON2RON