Off Topic - Monitor Stands??

  • Tracey Gardner
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5 8:01 AM

      I know that some of you, like me are using multiple monitors.
      I currently use three 22" ones but am thinking of upgrading to either three 27" in landscape or two 27" in landscape with a 19/20" on top in a pyramid layout.

      I'm having difficulty finding a suitable stand at what I feel is the right kind of price :-)
      The Wide Screen Gaming Forum (WSGF) have an excellent range of stands to cover all eventualities, but unfortunately they are rather pricey, or so they seem to me.
      On top of that because of the weight involved you've got $125 shipping.

      Has anybody got any ideas or suggestions for less expensive options?

      Thanks

      Tracey
    • josephrot
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 8:24 AM
        Tracey...

        If the monitors support the VESA mounting standards -- essentially the mounting threads in the back are for optional use with wall mounts seen on LED and plasma televisions, etc...

        Then that might be the best overall way to go, as you have discovered that "table strands" could work, but are frankly over-kill and/or overpriced -- and they are.

        There are literally 50,000+ search finds, but here's one example for smaller TV/monitors:

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanus-VuePoint-Wall-Mount-Low-Profile-Tilted-13-32-LED-LCD-Flat-Screen-TV-F11C-/390898035551?pt=US_TV_Mounts_Brackets&hash=item5b0356ab5f

        but again, you likely know off the above, never hurts to mention it again...

        Again, the monitors you elect to investigate or use must meet the VESA mounting on back of the monitors, if any is provided. One thing to note is that some monitors under say 22 inch diagonal screens may not have those VESA mounting on back... some OEM's deem them too small to provide the VESA mounting needs (in many opinions, totally stupid and short-sighted...)

        I have seen some industrious users actually use a simple wall-mount(s) to create a desk stand(s) of their own, and most actually work, given care and handy-work efforts, and a not-too-heavy monitor.

        Thus, wall mounts, especially ones that do not overly destroy the wall or your environment, may be the best overall answer. Note the operative here is may.

        Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
      • gautea
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 9:14 AM
          Hi Tracey, I just started using two of theese with two each 24 inch Asus VE247H. Inner two in landscape and outer two in portrait:
          http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-3-Stage-Monitor-Compliant-4-Port/dp/B006OM75I8
          Affordable and very flexible. Max load each 10Kg.
          Regards
          LB6YD Gaute
        • bob_kd4lv
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5 8:48 PM