looking for arduino information

  • Peter Tonnesen
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014
      can either noelec dongle r820T dongle or Funcube pro+ use an arduino system to run from? If so any ideas where to look
      thx
      KK6IVW
      Peter T
    • jacques.scherer
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014

        Hello Pete,

        Arduino is not a good candidate to use RTL or Funcube dongle, because this is a microcontroller, not a microprocessor, they have no capabilities for DSP or signal processing

        a good candidate for this is ODROID U2, this card have an architecture Arduino embedded (DUE) and run under linux, with 1 Go ram, and DSP processor, but you must configure this

        and it is not a simple job hi, cost is also not the same...

        7's de Jacques - F1APY

        can either noelec dongle r820T dongle or Funcube pro+ use an arduino system to run from? If so any ideas where to look

        thx

        KK6IVW

        Peter T

      • siegfried jackstien
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014
          Or ... if you really wanna build a complete shortwave sdr

          Use something like stm32f4

          http://www.m0nka.co.uk/

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUliCgqgZGA

          dg9bfc

          sigi

        • Leif Asbrink
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014
            Hello Peter,

            You should be able to use Linrad with these dongles on ARM
            systems.

            73

            Leif

            "Peter Tonnesen tonnesen@... [sdr-radio-com]" <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > can either noelec dongle r820T dongle or Funcube pro+ use an arduino system to run from? If so any ideas where to look
            > thx
            > KK6IVW
            > Peter T
          • Peter Tonnesen
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014
              Thanks for this information on other choices that arduino
              KK6IVW
              Peter T

              On Sunday, August 3, 2014 4:05 PM, "Leif Asbrink leif@... [sdr-radio-com]" <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Hello Peter,

              You should be able to use Linrad with these dongles on ARM
              systems.

              73

              Leif

              "Peter Tonnesen tonnesen@... [sdr-radio-com]" <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              > can either noelec dongle r820T dongle or Funcube pro+ use an arduino system to run from? If so any ideas where to look
              > thx
              > KK6IVW
              > Peter T

            • Silverfox
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014

                Already been done.  See STM32-SDR.

                73,

                Alan - W6ARH

                Or ... if you really wanna build a complete shortwave sdr

                Use something like stm32f4

                http://www.m0nka.co.uk/

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUliCgqgZGA

                dg9bfc

                sigi

              • siegfried jackstien
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 3, 2014
                  But ... the other is a complete tx rx for shortwave

                  With pa, switched filters etc.

                  But anyway ... you see you can do a lot with the stm32

                  Dg9bfc

                  Sigi

                  Ps ... in my brand new antenna analyzer kc901h is the same chip

                • josephrot
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 5, 2014

                    Peter...

                    As many will if  not should advise you, Arduino is absolutely NOT a good candidate nor a good idea to use with the RTL or Funcube dongles. Among the major reasons is that the Arduino concept fails as it's a microcontroller type environment.

                    That said, to be sure, the Arduino concept is a great overall idea and a blessing to have around, but it's NOT cut out for this type of control or use.

                    A great many have banged their heads against this wall before.

                    Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

                  • Peter Tonnesen