2.2 beta 1672 - New

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24 3:45 AM

      Build 1672 available, please upgrade: http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx I want to make this an official release in a week’s time.

    • runoff76
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 24 12:46 PM
        Hi all,

        I don't know how to describe this other than since the 2.1 1640 release, all of the 2.2 betas I have been trying have some sort of audio anomoly going on. It sounds like on large signals (-60 dBm or so) when the AGC is recovering, there is a clicking or "shelf-stepping" like effect during the AGC adjustment. In my case, when the weak signal station comes back to the strong station, the "clicking" effect is not noticeable. I've got an audio file for you Simon if you want to hear it... when the strong signal station "takes a breath", you can hear the clicking/stepping effect on the audio. AGC is set to medium level. 1672 v2.2 beta.

        Sorry, I can't think of any better way to describe it.

        Does anyone else notice this?
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 24 1:00 PM

          I know what was changed…

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 24 1:01 PM

            Where’s the audio file? What mode BTW?

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 24 1:01 PM
              LOL - awesome - is that a good thing? Can you change it back? :)

              Audio samples uploaded to the group here @
            • runoff76
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 24 1:06 PM
                It's somewhat faint - you have to really listen between breaths on the strong signal station but it's there... minute clicks like the audio is being adjusted or something... the mode was USB @ 3.0Khz filter. Just took it about 15 minutes ago after installing the latest beta. Actually the guy is still in QSO as we speak LOL. 14.200 Mhz from my location @ FN84ds.
              • jlstrawman
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 24 1:25 PM
                  I can also confirm hearing this same anomaly on my local 50KW AM station, which register 30/S9 at
                  20 air miles. This DOES NOT seem to occur in AM or CW modes, but only SSB, both upper and lower.
                  Worse is a continuous audio distortion when in DSB.

                  Jerry
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 24 2:12 PM

                    Please confirm it’s not present in WIDE LSB/USB, only ‘normal’ LSB/USB. I think I know what’s wrong, not going to bed. Not ben a good day on the bug-hunting front.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 24 5:00 PM
                      Hi Simon,

                      I confirm I do not hear it in WUSB. Setting WUSB to upper and 3 kHz restores the audio quality. No clicks whatsoever.
                    • jlstrawman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 24 5:11 PM
                        Simon,

                        You are correct. It is NOT present when the wide USB and LSB modes are selected. Still present when
                        "normal" USB & LSB are selected.

                        Thanks.

                        Jerry
                      • scancapecod
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 24 7:29 PM
                          I am noticing a definite change in the tone of narrow FM signals in builld 1672 (8 KHz wide filter activated), and unfortunately not for the better. They have a tinny sound, which I have never noticed in any version of SDR-Radio I've ever used with a RTL dongle or the BladeRF. I also notice I have to crank the squelch up considerably higher than before to close it.

                          Scott
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 24 11:46 PM

                            OK,

                            Thanks – I increased the HPF to ensure no CTCSS bleeds through – I can undo this.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 25 12:12 AM

                              Do you find NFM tinny? I can drop it down to 200 – 3500…