House, Moving

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2014

      Hi,

      At the end of this week or beginning of next week I should sign the contract for the sale of my home in Switzerland and immediately drive to Cornwall to buy a new place. For up to two months there will be no software development.

      Just a warning.

    • beachcomber
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
        Hi Simon,

        Hope you find your perfect house here in Cornwall and you can try the pasties again.
        There are so many areas to choose from so I wish you the best of luck!
        Cheers,

        Peter SWL.

        Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:00 AM
        Subject: [sdr-radio-com] House, Moving

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014

          Hi peter,

          If I get a chance I’ll call round. Last time I was on a tight schedule, now I’m much more flexible as I’m coming over with my own car so can stay as long as is necessary.

          Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 7:00 AM

          Hi,

          At the end of this week or beginning of next week I should sign the contract for the sale of my home in Switzerland and immediately drive to Cornwall to buy a new place. For up to two months there will be no software development.

          Just a warning.

        • josephrot
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
            Simon...

            Hope that your Great Move goes very well, and if you are moving to Cornwall area, that means you are going to the extreme Southeast of Britain in the peninsula area..?

            I have a friend in England (M. Brett) that lives in Devon County, and he is well associated and long-term both there and knows Devon / Cornwall area well, including Truro in Cornwall County... http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/

            He is willing to be of any aid he can in that area, should you need such. He is also on Skype as well.

            Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014

              Joe,

              Cornwall is in the south west. The south east is a very different place, they dress and talk funny.

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014

                And they don't in Cornwall? :-)

                73s Tracey G5VU

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
                  Cheers Simon,

                  Like to see you, you can try another Pasty from the shop at the bottom of my garden and there is Real Ale Pub owned by Keltek Brewery selling there own Real Ale in Cornwall just down the road (walking distance!).
                  Happy house hunting.

                  Cheers,
                  Peter. SWL

                  Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 11:52 AM

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
                    Grin, no, I meant and knew Southwest, but after doing an all-niter with no nap or sleep the previous day, it came out Southeast. I once traveled there, or rather to Truro.

                    My friend in Devon County, Crediton UK -- the county next to Cornwall County -- has already soundly admonished me...:)...

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
                      Shhhh!  Simon, you must watch what you say...You may someday travel to that Exotic Strange Country known as Southeast Britain...!

                      However, you are quite correct, Sir...they DO dress and talk funny there.

                      Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
                    • Doug
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
                        On 02/24/2014 02:00 AM, Simon Brown wrote:

                        Hi,

                        At the end of this week or beginning of next week I should sign the contract for the sale of my home in Switzerland and immediately drive to Cornwall to buy a new place. For up to two months there will be no software development.

                        Just a warning.

                        _
                        Good luck with the move, and I hope you don't have to put your dog in quarantine!

                        --doug
                      • Jim Gilliam
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014
                          Maybe you can think about it so all you have to do is write the code.

                          To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 24, 2014

                            I don’t, we now have good EU passports for dogs.