How to do recordings

  • stevelornestdenis
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2014

      I was wondering how people are doing Recordings, I have a Funcube Pro+ dongle and I have the sample rate set at 192 kHz, I set the program to record everything so I can play back the waterfall and see if any signals come up, I do an hour at a time and then after an hour I move up the band to another hour of recording.

      Is there a better way of doing this, I tried doing 7-8 hours at a time but it takes a lot of time to search to see if any signals came up, just wondering how other people are doing recordings.

      Steve

    • Jim Gilliam
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2014
        Simon is going to have to apply the "future IQ" algorithm so ones doesn't have to wait to record tomorrow's programming material. Such an algorithm would be handy the day before the lottery.

        To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
        From: slstdenis@...
        Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:43:55 -0800
        Subject: [sdr-radio-com] How to do recordings

        I was wondering how people are doing Recordings, I have a Funcube Pro+ dongle and I have the sample rate set at 192 kHz, I set the program to record everything so I can play back the waterfall and see if any signals come up, I do an hour at a time and then after an hour I move up the band to another hour of recording.

        Is there a better way of doing this, I tried doing 7-8 hours at a time but it takes a lot of time to search to see if any signals came up, just wondering how other people are doing recordings.
        Steve

      • Leif Asbrink
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2014
          Hi Steve,

          You write: "Is there a better way of doing this"

          I can not understand what you mean. What do you mean by "this"???

          If you want to find activities afterwards, you can save wideband
          files and then display the corresponding waterfalls very quickly
          so you can go in and listen at the appropriate times in the recording.
          That will obviously be limited to the bandwidth of the recording.

          You could step the center frequency by i.e.150 kHz every 30
          seconds and stay to record on every signal that is not black-listed.
          With SDR there is no limit in what would be possible. As abn SDR
          developer I do not understand what you are looking for so I do not
          know whether a suitable tool already exists or it it would be
          reasonable to develop one.

          73

          Leif

          > I was wondering how people are doing Recordings, I have a Funcube Pro+ dongle and I have the sample rate set at 192 kHz, I set the program to record everything so I can play back the waterfall and see if any signals come up, I do an hour at a time and then after an hour I move up the band to another hour of recording.
          >

          > Is there a better way of doing this, I tried doing 7-8 hours at a time but it takes a lot of time to search to see if any signals came up, just wondering how other people are doing recordings.
          > Steve

        • Steve St Denis
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2014
            Thanks for the information, I just noticed the + and - buttons on the playback recorder so you can move through waterfall recording, faster there is a lot to try and figure out how to do with this program, I went on the internet and found some youtube videos and this is a great help, thanks again.
            Steve