QS1R Support

  • Christof Proft
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2013
      Hello Simon,

      future support of the QS1R will be great. For now, I'm using it with
      Studio 1, it performs better than with the original SDRMax.

      Combining it with SDR-Radio will be great, some functions of SDR-Radio
      are better than in Studio 1, the recording functions e.g.

      I had the opportunity to compare the QS1R with the PERSEUS at a DX-Camp,
      they are very similar in hardware compability, performance and the audio
      signal quality. The Perseus is much more common and supported by more
      software packages. So, adding QS1R support will be a gerat leap for me
      (and perhaps some other QS1R users).

      Thanks in advance.

      vy73

      Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2013

        Without a QS1R I can't add support and I'm not going to buy a radio I
        wouldn't use (I have many other SDR here).

        If one arrives in the post someday then it'll happen, for now you have
        Studio 1 so Sandro is happy as I expect are you - Studio 1 is a good
        software program.

        future support of the QS1R will be great. For now, I'm using it with Studio
        1, it performs better than with the original SDRMax.

        Combining it with SDR-Radio will be great, some functions of SDR-Radio are
        better than in Studio 1, the recording functions e.g.

        I had the opportunity to compare the QS1R with the PERSEUS at a DX-Camp,
        they are very similar in hardware compability, performance and the audio
        signal quality. The Perseus is much more common and supported by more
        software packages. So, adding QS1R support will be a gerat leap for me (and
        perhaps some other QS1R users).

        Thanks in advance.

        vy73

        Chris

        ------------------------------------

        - - -
        DX Cluster: http://dxcluster.ham-radio.ch/Yahoo Groups Links
      • Jim Gilliam
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2013
          It would be nice if there was an audio streamer with this software. However, there are many third party providers of audio streaming. Using virtual audio cables from the SDR software to the third party software it is a kick to walk around town or drive around town listening to the SDR radio with my iPhone. I found a very nice streamer from NCH software called Broadwave.

          http://www.nch.com.au/streaming/

          To remotely control SDR-radio I use another application called Teamviewer. This software supports many mobile devices including iPhone.

          Yesterday, I was taking my daily walk around the Rose Bowl and was copying a CW QSO on my iPhone. It is (as Dean Martin sang) a real kick in the head.

          Also, for those who like to remote with a PC, Broadwave and Teamviewer support both Windows and the Mac. Windows Media player works very well with Broadwave audio streaming.

          Jim, K6QE