FiFi Setup

  • dyarnes1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2013

      Good morning all,

      Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'll try in hopes that I can get some advice.

      I just bought one of the FiFi SDR kits described in the September issue of QST.  Easy assembly, but absolutely no instructions about setup.  A software disk comes with it, but apparently doesn't set up everything automatically.  I've probably botched the driver set up, or something, but I can't get anything to work.

      Can anyone help, or direct me to a website with good instructions?  My German is marginal.

      I'd appreciate any advice.

      Dave W7AQK

    • Alan
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2013
        Subject: [sdr-radio-com] FiFi Setup

        > Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'll try in hopes that I can get some advice.

        Dave,

        Only if you use SDR-Radio software with it!

        > I just bought one of the FiFi SDR kits described in the September issue of QST. Easy assembly, but absolutely no instructions
        > about setup. A software disk comes with it, but apparently doesn't set up everything automatically. I've probably botched the
        > driver set up, or something, but I can't get anything to work.

        Does this help? <http://o28.sischa.net/fifisdr/trac> Links to setup

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • s-w-l@gmx.de
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013
          Am 07.09.2013 17:54, schrieb w7aqk@...:

          Good morning all,

          Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I'll try in hopes that I can get some advice.

          I just bought one of the FiFi SDR kits described in the September issue of QST.  Easy assembly, but absolutely no instructions about setup.  A software disk comes with it, but apparently doesn't set up everything automatically.  I've probably botched the driver set up, or something, but I can't get anything to work.

          Can anyone help, or direct me to a website with good instructions?  My German is marginal.

          I'd appreciate any advice.

          Dave W7AQK

             Hello Dave

          __,_._,_You kannt here re-read__
              You kannt here read  !   http://o28.sischa.net/fifisdr/trac

          have fun with FiFi

          vy 73
          --
          Heiko Rosenbusch
          DE9HRM  OVV N12

        • junius fox
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013

            Hello Dave,

            The installation is quite simple.  Look in HDSDR.com/Hardware  There you will find the FIF .dll
            Copy this into the HDSDR folder.  When HDSDR comes up, you will notice that the EXTIO.dll is lighted. Start the HDSDR program, and it should recognize the FIFI.
            If you have problems finding the FIFI.dll, let me know and I will send it to you.

            Foxy  W5HIR ('37)

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2013

              Alan, The FIFI works beautifully with HDSDR.  One needs to paste the FIFI extIO.dll into the HDSDR folder. and start HDSDR.  The extIO will be lighted and the fIFI will play.

              Foxy  W5HIR ('37)