RE: [sdr-radio-com] External Radios

  • Dom
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2013

      Can’t wait…..

      Dom, N3DD

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon Brown
      Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2013 4:03 PM
      To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [sdr-radio-com] External Radios

      Hi All,

      External radio support is coming along well, I’ll throw something at the test team on Thursday or Friday. It’s going to take a week or so…

    • f5jd
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

        Simon, would you tell me what means "external radio support"

        José

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <domd1@...> wrote:

        Can’t wait…..

        Dom, N3DD

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

          Hi,

          Synchronise your IC-7800 with a SDR receiver.

          External radio support is coming along well, I’ll throw something at the test team on Thursday or Friday. It’s going to take a week or so…

        • F1HDI
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

            Hi,

            Looks like it will still miss the audio mute on the sdr when Txing (I didn't find my way with my perseus slaved with my last legacy TRX through a microham II to mute the audio either than 'cutting' the louspeaker wire via a relay ... )

            But ... very usefull

            kind regards

            jean-marc

            > Message du 04/09/13 14:51
            > De : "Simon Brown"
            > A : sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
            > Copie à :
            > Objet : RE: [sdr-radio-com] RE: External Radios

            Hi,

            Synchronise your IC-7800 with a SDR receiver.

            Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
            > http://v2.sdr-radio.com

            > Simon, would you tell me what means "external radio support"

            > José

            > --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <domd1@...> wrote:

            > Can’t wait…..

            > Dom, N3DD

          • doug12455
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

              With the Perseus, I use an ELAD switch box which both cuts the audio and antenna connection, plus shorts the receiver side of the antenna to ground to aid in further signal reduction. Works well. You could easily make your own.

              -Brian

              --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Hi,

              Looks like it will still miss the audio mute on the sdr when Txing (I didn't find my way with my perseus slaved with my last legacy TRX through a microham II to mute the audio either than 'cutting' the louspeaker wire via a relay ... )

              But ... very usefull

              kind regards

              jean-marc

              > Message du 04/09/13 14:51
              > De : "Simon Brown"
              > A : sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
              > Copie à :
              > Objet : RE: [sdr-radio-com] RE: External Radios

              Hi,

              Synchronise your IC-7800 with a SDR receiver.

              Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
              > http://v2.sdr-radio.com

              > Simon, would you tell me what means "external radio support"

              > José

              > --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <domd1@...> wrote:

              > Can’t wait…..

              > Dom, N3DD

            • f5jd
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

                That's what I thought and I secretly wanted. I do not have IC-7800 but FTDX-5k.

                The revolution is on. thank you

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013
                  I believe Simon is writing for Omni-Rig CAT software:
                  <http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/>, a freeware program that provides support for
                  virtually computer connected radio hardware. I've not used it, but here is
                  what it provides:

                  "multi-threading: multiple programs, written by different authors in
                  different languages, can control the radio via Omni-Rig at the same
                  time;

                  external rig description files: the support of a new rig model can be
                  implemented just by creating an ini file that describes the CAT
                  commands of the radio;"

                  Your FT-DX5000MP appears to already be supported, as are >73 more.

                  I'm wondering if TRX-Manager: <http://trx-manager.com/> will also be compatible
                  with SDR Console to provide a clickable panadapter to control the VFOs in the
                  IC-7800.

                  Best regards,
                  Larry