ARRL/TAPR DCC, Seattle, Forum Schedule, Banquet Speaker & Sunday Seminar Announced

  • Mark Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013

    2013 ARRL/TAPR DCC (Digital Communication Conference)

    Friday, 9/20 - Sunday, 9/22

    Cedarbrook Lodge, Seattle, WA

    Preliminary DCC Technical & Introductory Forums Schedule
    On-Line at link below & attached:

    ARRL/TAPR DCC Seattle Saturday Evening Banquet Speaker will be:
    Tom Van Baak
    Presenting
    “Passion and Precision: Adventures of a Time Nut”

    ARRL/TAPR DCC Seattle Sunday Morning Seminar will be
    Conducted by Ron Frohne, KL7NA
    Presenting "Android Programming Tutorial"

    On-line DCC Registration at:

    The Early Bird Discount for DCC Pre-Registration has been extended to midnight Friday, September 13.
    Walk-ins will be welcome throughout the DCC, but the Early Bird Discount will no longer be applicable

    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013

      Looks like an excellent program, wish I could afford to attend J .

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark Thompson

      2013 ARRL/TAPR DCC (Digital Communication Conference)

    • i2jjr-hotmail.com
      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013
        Sure you deserve it, I hope you'll be able to do.
        73 de Augusto

        Il 03/09/2013 19.11, Simon Brown ha scritto:

        Looks like an excellent program, wish I could afford to attend J .

        2013 ARRL/TAPR DCC (Digital Communication Conference)

      • josephrot
        Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2013

          Mark...

          "RE: ARRL and TAPR 32th
          Annual Digital Communications Conference
          September 20-22, 2013 • Seattle, WA"

          Sounds like a very good, and timely, conference, indeed.

          I too recently received email about it, and an invitation to attend, but both the timing, an my being out here in East Tennessee, make it most unlikely.

          The conference has many "ear markings" of being a positive venue, even though it's the 32nd incarnation, as opposed to the "32th" as mentioned in the PDF.

          I wonder if the committee would have an interest in planning such a future conference out East, Eastern U.S., that is...with the "rise of the SDR machines" (BTW, a title of one of my upcoming writings) and the software tools, SDR interest and also such a conference interest, seems to be riding high out here.as well.

          Joe

          --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          2013 ARRL/TAPR DCC (Digital Communication Conference)

          Friday, 9/20 - Sunday, 9/22

          Cedarbrook Lodge, Seattle, WA

          Preliminary DCC Technical & Introductory Forums Schedule
          On-Line at link below & attached:

          ARRL/TAPR DCC Seattle Saturday Evening Banquet Speaker will be:
          Tom Van Baak
          Presenting
          “Passion and Precision: Adventures of a Time Nut”

          ARRL/TAPR DCC Seattle Sunday Morning Seminar will be
          Conducted by Ron Frohne, KL7NA
          Presenting "Android Programming Tutorial"

          On-line DCC Registration at:

          The Early Bird Discount for DCC Pre-Registration has been extended to midnight Friday, September 13.
          Walk-ins will be welcome throughout the DCC, but the Early Bird Discount will no longer be applicable

        • Mark
          Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2013
            The 2011 DCC was in Baltimore and the 2012 DCC was in Atlanta
            so there were opportunities to attend the DCC on the east coast & in the southeast and
            I hope some of you were able to attend.

            As in past years the DCC forums are being recorded by Gary, KN4AQ of ARVN, www.HamRadioNow.tv
            Gary lives in North Carolina and recently successfully conducted a Kickstarter program to fund his trip to Seattle.

            We hope to see some of you at the DCC.

            73, Mark, WB9QZB