Re: [sdr-radio-com] Beta 2.1 b 1491

  • Nick Hall-Patch
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013
    Another attempt (and thank you for your patience).  Logfile plus how  I got it (the pdf)

    best wishes,

    Nick

    Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013

      Hi Nick,

      The clue’s in the logfile: “17:07:54>     Error opening Ftd2xx.dll -  is not a valid Win32 application.”

      So either a duff DLL, a duff disk, I’m sure you’ll fix this. I would probably try a program like Depends to see exactly what this file is. You could always install the drivers again – force them to be installed. You’ll have to search for this dll – I can’t tell you where it is on your system.

      [Attachment(s) from Nick Hall-Patch included below]

      Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013

        I thought that might be it Simon, that's why I mentioned it previously.   So....where does your program look to open the ftd2xx.dll (and isn't it the 64-bit version, given this is a 64-bit Vista machine)?   Any computer used for, ah, computing, tends to be littered with those dll's.   I counted at least four different devices that get hooked up to this computer that used yet another version of that .dll and they are all in the folders associated with the programs themselves, not in some general Windows location

        I guess the Spectravue installation program put the ones in for the SDR14, but there have been several installs of those over the last few years on this machine.   Uninstalling and re-installing Spectravue 3.27 left me with a non-functioning Spectravue also, so I guess I'd better talk to Moe...  (oh, Device Manager sees both the SDR14 and its associated FTDI serial port, so something about the driver is functioning)

        Thanks for bearing with me.   If you can tell me where you are referencing the errant .dll it might help, although of course, the magic of Windows programming may mean that nobody really knows?

        --
        Nick Hall-Patch
        Victoria, BC

        nhp@...
      • Nick Hall-Patch
        Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013

          I guess this could be pretty ugly....the program "Depends" (Dependency Walker)  is probably second nature to you, but it is a bit sobering for me....I guess you are saying that what the .dll "depends" upon could be missing, and sure enough IESHIMS.DLL is missing....(since when? how?....now  I see your suggestion of a duff disk).

          More than I want to know, hi.

[...]

              So either a duff DLL, a duff disk, I’m sure you’ll fix this. I would probably try a program like Depends to see exactly what this file is. You could always install the drivers again – force them to be installled. You’ll have to search for this dll – I can’tt tell you where it is on your system.