Re: [sdr-radio-com] Beta 2.1 b 1491

  • Stephen Black
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 27, 2013
    I may have snagged it. See attached file. Rained here today too and I have a new antenna to hook up:(   Thanks Steve kb1chu

    On 8/27/2013 3:45 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

    Hi,

    Please look at http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Support/BugtrapCrashDumps.aspx and let me know if there is enough information for you to upload a crash dump file. I’m a tad tired now, getting grumpy because it was raining & the dog didn’t want to go for a walk and a beer L .

    Simon Brown (G4ELI/HB9DRV)
    http://v2.sdr-radio .com

      Message 4 of 17 , Aug 27, 2013

        Hi,

        After getting the apology please go to the tools menu, select Logfile and send as an attachment.

        Message 5 of 17 , Aug 28, 2013
          Re: Beta 2.1 b 1491

          Hi Simon,

          Thanks for latest Beta with the correction for SDR-14.  It is now detected and operating.  J

          I now need to put my thinking head on to look at OmniRig for the AR5000 L

          Mike

          ---

                /\

            _/\/  \

           /        \/\

          Mike German

          Hayfield in High Peak

        • david
          Message 6 of 17 , Aug 28, 2013
            I've found that since I started giving the dog a bowl of beer at the tavern that she now wants to go even when I think it is raining to hard.

            Dave N8IT

            --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Brown" <simon@...> wrote:

            > I'm a tad tired now, getting grumpy because it was raining & the dog
            > didn't want to go for a walk and a beer L .
          • josephrot
            Message 7 of 17 , Aug 28, 2013
              David...

              What may be worse...does the dog take in a beer or two and then drink and drive ??

              Joe

              Message 8 of 17 , Aug 28, 2013
              We'll see if this works Simon....unfortunately, Yahoo's new improved (?) web interface seems incapable at present of doing anything beyond showing pretty pictures.

              Is your software looking for but not finding the appropriate FTDI 64 bit driver? (it's 64 bit Vista if you can't already tell, hi, and of course has FTDI drivers scattered all over the place)

              best wishes,

              Nick

              Message 9 of 17 , Aug 30, 2013
                Problem solved.   Simply re-installed the SDR-14 drivers, referencing the 3.27 version's SDR14 driver folder.   Lord knows what was being used before for the SDR-14, or why it changed.

                At any rate, SDR-14 support exists for me as well, in V.2, and Spectravue is back in production also.

                best wishes,

                Nick

                At 15:29 30-08-13, you wrote:

                Thanks Alan.  After I posted that, I checked other FTDI dlls on the computer, and Dependency Walker all claimed the same error.

                The problem, as I mentioned, is that FTDI drivers are very common (quality product, I guess!), and the computer in question is littered with them.   They come with the SpectraVue download, but I was surprised, if my copy was corrupt, that Windows Device Manager seemed quite happy with them.     Oddly, an old copy of SpectraVue  (2.34) with ancient drivers presumably, works fine, while the more recent versions of SpectraVue, and SDR Console V2, don't.

                best wishes,

                Nick

                At 05:07 30-08-13, you wrote:

                Ignore the IESHIMS.DLL missing DLL. Thats not the problem. FTD2xx.dll is part of the driver kit for RS232 to USB convertors made by FTDI. Go to  http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm to get a replacement.

                I recognised it immediately as I have some experience programming this driver

                Regards

                Alan

                --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, <nhp@...> wrote:

                I guess this could be pretty ugly....the program "Depends" (Dependency Walker)  is probably second nature to you, but it is a bit sobering for me....I guess you are saying that what the .dll "depends" upon could be missing, and sure enough IESHIMS.DLL is missing....(since when? how?....now  I see your suggestion of a duff disk).

                More than I want to know, hi.

                best wishes,

                Nick

                Message 10 of 17 , Aug 31, 2013

                  Thanks,

                  I’ve updated the Beta download with this kit.

                  Will probably be a new Beta tomorrow with a minor fix elsewhere.

                  --
                  Nick Hall-Patch
                  Victoria, BC

                  nhp@...