Re: The SDR and the i3 and i5 CPU's

  • david_l_salomon
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2013
      Here's a link to a guy who did a high level comparison of the BladeRF, HackRF and Ettus B200 series: http://www.taylorkillian.com/2013/08/sdr-showdown-hackrf-vs-bladerf-vs-usrp.html.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2013

        One thing with these cards is (AFAIK) lack of documented APIs and Windows drivers.

        The Ettus hardware is probably very good but they hide everything behind the massive UHD driver which is not my ideal solution – IMO either use a thin DLL (Perseus, ELAD, …) which simply returns the data / passes on control information or even better still a documented API (RFspace and others).

        I’ve bought two hackRF receivers and will buy bladeRF once there’s a Windows API which is known to work.

        No doubt other manufacturers will make similar beasties over the next few years.

        From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of david_l_salomon