RE: [sdr-radio-com] Satellite Tracking [1 Attachment]

  • Colin Hurst
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 18, 2013

      Simon,

      Looking forward to Satellite Tracking.

      Just read the manual. Looks great.

      Are you proposing to incorporate Automatic Recording, which I use on 1.5 for unattended operation.

      Regards,

      Colin VK5HI.

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013

        Hi,

        Good point, I’ll add this before the general beta.

        Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

        http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013

          Simon,

          Thanks.

          Colin VK5HI

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 10, 2015

            Group,

            Running a RTL usb stick. Got the idea of how track some birds. Problem, how to have the

            software change the frequency using the RTL? What next please?

            Thanks,

            Greg

          • legonedijk
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 11, 2015

              Satellite Tracker Plugin for SDRSharp

              This plugin currently allows Orbitron to control the SDRSharp tuning via the 'MyDDE' DDE interface.

              Prerequisites:

              Functional copy of Orbitron

              Orbitron's MyDDE 'driver' files copied to Orbitron installation directory - http://www.stoff.pl/orbitron/files/mydde.zip

              Install MyDDE files somewhere (basically just tricks orbitron)

              SDRSharp version 7xx or later

              Installation:

              Copy the contents of this zip file same directory as SDRSharp.exe

              Add the following line to the <sharpPlugins> section:

              <add key="SatelliteTracker" value="SDRSharp.SatelliteTracker.SatelliteTrackerPlugin,SDRSharp.SatelliteTracker" />

              Configuration:

              Add the following two lines to the bottom of the Config\Setup.cfg file in the Orbitron installation directory:

              [Drivers]

              SDRSharp=SDRSharp.exe

              Start Orbitron.

              Click 'Rotor/Radio' tab and select 'SDRSharp' for the driver. It will complain that it cannot find the file and open a dialog box. Locate the version of SDRSharp.exe that shares the directory with the plugin files you've just installed. Click OK. Click the little two windows icon to the right of this dropdown box, this will start SDRSharp.

              Select the front end and click Play in SDRSharp. Scroll down and expand the Satellite Tracker (Plugin) section. Click Enable, Select Orbitron from the tracking software, and click connect. Within a few seconds you should start receiving updates from Orbitron. If not, try selecting a satellite in Orbitron.

            • siegfried jackstien
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 11, 2015
                And orbitron also works fine with hdsdr (same my dde driver used)

                Dg9bfc

                Sigi