RE: [sdr-radio-com] Re: Satellite Tracking

  • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 23, 2013

      Hi,

      Rotator control comes later. This will be much better written than my previous software.

      Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

      http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 24, 2013
        I believe Simon mentioned Hermes is on the radar for sometime later this year.

        Hermes is a pretty darn good receiver. I've been enjoying mine and i'm looking forward to that support as well.

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, Sergey UT4ZA <ut4za@...> wrote:

        > To Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV :
        > Simon, and whether support Hermes PCB?
        > 73! de UT4ZA Sergey
        > TAPR#10613
        > 23:01

      • Sergey UT4ZA
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 25, 2013
          Hi, singleshare!
          Oh, I also look forward to...
          73! de UT4ZA Sergey
          TAPR#10613
          15:05

          singleshare пишет:

          I believe Simon mentioned Hermes is on the radar for sometime later this year.

          Hermes is a pretty darn good receiver. I've been enjoying mine and i'm looking forward to that support as well.

          --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, Sergey UT4ZA <ut4za@...> wrote:

          > To Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV :
          > Simon, and whether support Hermes PCB?
          > 73! de UT4ZA Sergey
          > TAPR#10613
          > 23:01

        • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 18, 2013

          Hi,

          Just thrown Beta 2.1 at the test team, I’ve attached the PDF which they will be reading…

          Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

          http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

        • Colin Hurst
          Message 5 of 23 , Aug 18, 2013

            Simon,

            Looking forward to Satellite Tracking.

            Just read the manual. Looks great.

            Are you proposing to incorporate Automatic Recording, which I use on 1.5 for unattended operation.

            Regards,

            Colin VK5HI.

            Message 6 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013

              Hi,

              Good point, I’ll add this before the general beta.

              Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

              http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

              Message 7 of 23 , Aug 19, 2013

                Simon,

                Thanks.

                Colin VK5HI

                Message 8 of 23 , Nov 10, 2015

                  Group,

                  Running a RTL usb stick. Got the idea of how track some birds. Problem, how to have the

                  software change the frequency using the RTL? What next please?

                  Thanks,

                  Greg

                • legonedijk
                  Message 9 of 23 , Nov 11, 2015

                    Satellite Tracker Plugin for SDRSharp

                    This plugin currently allows Orbitron to control the SDRSharp tuning via the 'MyDDE' DDE interface.

                    Prerequisites:

                    Functional copy of Orbitron

                    Orbitron's MyDDE 'driver' files copied to Orbitron installation directory - http://www.stoff.pl/orbitron/files/mydde.zip

                    Install MyDDE files somewhere (basically just tricks orbitron)

                    SDRSharp version 7xx or later

                    Installation:

                    Copy the contents of this zip file same directory as SDRSharp.exe

                    Add the following line to the <sharpPlugins> section:

                    <add key="SatelliteTracker" value="SDRSharp.SatelliteTracker.SatelliteTrackerPlugin,SDRSharp.SatelliteTracker" />

                    Configuration:

                    Add the following two lines to the bottom of the Config\Setup.cfg file in the Orbitron installation directory:

                    [Drivers]

                    SDRSharp=SDRSharp.exe

                    Start Orbitron.

                    Click 'Rotor/Radio' tab and select 'SDRSharp' for the driver. It will complain that it cannot find the file and open a dialog box. Locate the version of SDRSharp.exe that shares the directory with the plugin files you've just installed. Click OK. Click the little two windows icon to the right of this dropdown box, this will start SDRSharp.

                    Select the front end and click Play in SDRSharp. Scroll down and expand the Satellite Tracker (Plugin) section. Click Enable, Select Orbitron from the tracking software, and click connect. Within a few seconds you should start receiving updates from Orbitron. If not, try selecting a satellite in Orbitron.

                  • siegfried jackstien
                    Message 10 of 23 , Nov 11, 2015
                      And orbitron also works fine with hdsdr (same my dde driver used)

                      Dg9bfc

                      Sigi