New Opus 1.1 Beta

  • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2013

      If you use the remote server then good news – yesterday I switched over to the new 1.1 Beta of the Opus codec, the audio is so much nicer to listen to.

      The test team are testing, I’ll make a kit in a day or two, maybe even tomorrow.

      http://www.opus-codec.org/

      Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

      http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
        Simon, about audio, or the SSB audio detection in V2. I had it compared against, Studio 1, microtelecom and SdrDx2 soft and noticed the SSB audio of very marginal stations was less intelligible in SDR-Radio by a slight amount. Is this ralated to the used detection algoritm?

        73' Ron
        ON2RON

        > Hi,
        >

        > If you use the remote server then good news - yesterday I switched over to
        > the new 1.1 Beta of the Opus codec, the audio is so much nicer to listen to.
        >

        > The test team are testing, I'll make a kit in a day or two, maybe even
        > tomorrow.
        >

        > http://www.opus-codec.org/
        >

        > Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
        >
        > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

      • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013

          Not unless you were running via the remote server.

          Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

          http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

          Simon, about audio, or the SSB audio detection in V2. I had it compared against, Studio 1, microtelecom and SdrDx2 soft and noticed the SSB audio of very marginal stations was less intelligible in SDR-Radio by a slight amount. Is this ralated to the used detection algoritm?

          73' Ron
          ON2RON

          > Hi,
          >

          > If you use the remote server then good news - yesterday I switched over to
          > the new 1.1 Beta of the Opus codec, the audio is so much nicer to listen to.
          >

          > The test team are testing, I'll make a kit in a day or two, maybe even
          > tomorrow.
          >

          > http://www.opus-codec.org/
          >

          > Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          >
          > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

        • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013

            …as it’s too hot to go bug-hunting today I’ll look at a different SSB detection algorithm. My problem is poor hearing – I hear plenty of sound by tinnitus & a weary brain doesn’t help very much.

            Nurse!

            Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

            http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

            From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013

              The test team will now be testing a new CW/SSB demodulator.

              Kit for everyone here tomorrow as long as there aren’t too many complaints (Mrs Trellis take not please).

              Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

              http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

              From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14, 2013
                Simon, sorry about your hearing. No it was not observed via remote but life here in the shack last week. Did a double check with the perseus and the Andrus Mk1.5. Still the difference is really noticed with the very weak signals, the real dx. Normal SSB receptions are sounding normal. I must say that i'm using fairly hi-end audio equipment at this moment and with a decent headphone you can hear the difference.

                Anyway, thanks for the efforts! I will inform you when the coming update is evaluated.

                73' Ron
                ON2RON