RE: [sdr-radio-com] Strange behaviour with Perseus files

  • Guido Schotmans |
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13 9:11 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 10 KB
    That's very strange while (for the time being) it is not possible to analyse files that includes negative frequencies. When you record with a centre frequency of 950 kHz and 2000 KS/s (1600 kHz) a part will be negative. Normally you should get the error as in the attached file.

    But there is indeed some work to do in the development of the file analyser. Simon, do you think you can free up some time in the near future for that ?

    I have somewhere a list. Have to search for it.

    73,

    Guido.

    Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13 9:11 AM
      I´ve done a new analyse file and you can find it here:
      https://app.box.com/s/mpx3a71zm2qma9byp80f
      And here are my settings: https://app.box.com/s/gl3as5slyee6dmwv10rz
      I can also upload one or more of the original Perseus files if you need it,
      but it is 3,7GB each? I can make a new shorter recording tonight with
      1,6MHz bandwith.
      I played the files again in Perseus software and recognized that my Perseus
      was not calibrated as the reading was 1341.005kHz, not 1341.000 but as you
      can see in SDR-Radio it reads 1340.811kHz
      73´s
      Bernt-Ivan
    • Guido Schotmans |
      Message 3 of 12 , Jul 13 9:27 AM
        Oops. I was talking about Analyser V2.0.

        Guido.

        Message 4 of 12 , Jul 13 9:49 AM
          Where can I download The analyzer v2.0? I only find SDR Console v 2.0 build
          1441 where there are no analyzer function ? (at least I haven´t found
          one..)
          Bernt-Ivan Holmberg
          Sala
          Sweden
        • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          Message 5 of 12 , Jul 13 10:08 AM

            I know about this – I may or may not add this support, we’ll have to see. I have a lot of code to write and must spend a few weeks tidying up the analyser.

            Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

            http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

            Message 6 of 12 , Jul 13 10:10 AM

              <cough>

              Ribbon Bar, Tools menu, Analyser. Or the Windows Start menu…

              </Cough>

              Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

              http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

              Message 7 of 12 , Jul 13 10:16 AM

                That is correct – it’s showing 1.840.000 Hz which is 1.840 MHz or 1,840 kHz.

                Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

                http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                I´ve done a new analyse file and you can find it here:
                https://app.box.com/s/mpx3a71zm2qma9byp80f
                And here are my settings: https://app.box.com/s/gl3as5slyee6dmwv10rz
                I can also upload one or more of the original Perseus files if you need it,
                but it is 3,7GB each? I can make a new shorter recording tonight with
                1,6MHz bandwith.
                I played the files again in Perseus software and recognized that my Perseus
                was not calibrated as the reading was 1341.005kHz, not 1341.000 but as you
                can see in SDR-Radio it reads 1340.811kHz
                73´s
                Bernt-Ivan

              • Guido Schotmans Mbl

                  Message 9 of 12 , Jul 13 10:25 AM

                    That’s a good point – you need a 64-bit system due to the memory used in some of these massive FFTs.

                    Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

                    http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                    From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Guido Schotmans Mbl

                    Message 10 of 12 , Jul 14 2:26 PM
                      Ok, I use a 32-bit system on this machine so that´s the reason I didn´t
                      found the Analyzer in V.2.0. Anyway, it would be nice if the misreading in
                      the v. 1.5 analyzer was corrected.
                      Many thanks for the beautiful softwares
                      73s
                      Bernt-Ivan Holmberg