RE: [sdr-radio-com] Beta 1, build 1441 RDS decoding

  • Jim Smith G0OFE
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 11, 2013

      Barry,

      What I meant was.. if you hear hams, you will usually hear a callsign at some point.

      It’s much harder with FM stations esp if in a foreign language.

      I was referring purely to identifying a station, guess I got the wrong end of the stick. Just ignore me!

      Jim.

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 11, 2013

        I understand you don’t do FM DXing. It’s a little different than listening to good music. HI

        73

        Giampiero

        Giampiero Bernardini

        Milano

        HI All, I am just courious about the WILL of so many SWLs to have RDS
        decoder on FM band. My old Blaupunkt radio (25 years) is still in use and has a super RDS decoder&info viewer.
        What has more the "next-gen radio" vs. pure FM-RDS radio than listening to good music ?
        Hopefully all HAM SSB signals should have RDS system so one could recognize at once
        who is transmitting .... ehehehehe
        and not filling the AIR with uselesssss QRZ QRZ qrz qrz.......

        73rdsss
        Phil@ic8pof

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

        > Lord knows I've spent enough time understanding this FM stereo / RDS lark!
        >

        > Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
        >
        > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

      • Andy Pritchard
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 15, 2013
          Hi Simon

          The new RDS decoder is super sensitive; I've run it through a few test files
          and its at least as good (if not better than) FM+ at decoding.

          Many thanks!

          Andy.

          * Reduced CPU usage by implementing version 7.1 of Intel's IPP library,
          * Improved FM stereo and RDS decoding,
          * Fixed some minor bugs.

          Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

        • Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15, 2013

            Hi Andy,

            Thanks – was very interesting writing this, if I ever get a dull moment I’ll improve it further…

            Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV

            http://v2.sdr-radio.com/