Re: Beta 1 build 1435

  • vk4cmv
    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 2, 2013
      Hi Simon - just tried 1435 using an FCD+ - decoding SSB signals on HF sounds 'gravelly' - like auroral sigs.

      Reverted to 1428, sounds pure.

      Can send a recording if you like - cheers, Julian

      --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >

      > Improved Stereo RDS decoding and reduced CPU utilisation.
      >

      > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx
      >

      > Still a few RDS logfile features to add.
      >

      > Simon GD4ELI/HB9DRV
      >
      > http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

    • Mark (G4PCS)
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 4, 2013
        Setting the FFT Cache to "none" has, fingers crossed, solved the painful pc-killing crashes I was getting - i.e. completely unresponsive pc for hours, sometimes generating HUGE crash dumps if left for long enough, usually requiring a hard power reset. I thought it was something peculiar to my machine, but it seems others might have had similar problems?

        I could "crash" SDR-Radio at any time (resulting in a pc that needed hard power reset) simply by opening up another program that caused anything more than a minimal amount of HD activity, unfortunately including oft-used programs such as firefox/chrome :( I have to say that my HD seems very bus-hungry, i.e. everything else stops (normally briefly) when they're being thrashed...

        Win7 64-bit i5

        Regards, Mark