RE: [sdr-radio-com] FCDP+ new user

  • Sean Gilbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 696 KB

    Hi Paul,

    Jim is correct, the FCDPP only works with V2 (FWIW I get exactly the same with v1.5, so nothing wrong there). Attached is the screenshot of my set up screen for the FCDPP in v2. Note that the Swap IQ is Unchecked, and the freq span is 192kHz (the max for the FCDPP), although this setting is down to your personal choice - anything upto 192kHz is OK.

    If you need any further help, email me off list (sean@...) and I'll try to help.

    73, Sean G4UCJ

    E-mail: sean.gilbert@... / sean@...

    Web: http://www.wrth.com / http://www.hfradio.org.uk

    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WRTH-World-Radio-TV-Handbook/208899345815073

    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/@WRTHinfo Hashtag: #WRTH

    RX (HF) : Icom IC-756pro; RF Space SDR-IQ; Racal RA1792; Roberts R861; Degen DE1103.

    RX (VHF): FunCube Dongle Pro+; Yupiteru MVT-7100; RTL E4000/R820T; Sony ST-S311 (mod)

    ANT (HF): 40-10m OCF dipole @ 10m agl; Wellbrook ALA1530+ at ground level;

    ANT (VHF): Sloper for 6m @ 9m agl; 6/2/70 vertical @ 3m agl; 5 ele Band 2 yagi (attic); 1.09GHz ¼ wl GP (attic).

    Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
      Sean, I looked at the documentation for 1.5, which talks at great length aboutthe FUNcube dongle. Is this referring to the original dongle, not the Pro Plus?? Why would there be such a difference?

      If so, does this mean that I must use V2 and therefore that there is no satellite support?

      Again if so, what is the alternative at this point?

      Cheers

      Paul, in Melbourne

      Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
        Hi Paul,

        You are right...ProPlus only supported in V2 that doesn't have satellite support.  V1.5 only supports the original Pro (not Plus).

        Guess it's a matter of time :)  Simon has said he'll add satellite support in the future.  I can't wait.  I wish it would have DDE support as well!

        In the meantime, if you want Doppler control, you can use HDSDR with DDE support and something like SatPC32, Oribitron, etc. to provide the actual Doppler control of frequency.

        SDR# has a limited DDE that works with SatPC32, WxTrack, and Oribtron.  It's a plugin that you'll have to google to find--sadly, only frequency (and not mode) is send to SDR#, so not good for mixed mode satellites.

        73,

        Mark N8MH