Re: [sdr-radio-com] SDR SERVER (V2)

  • Antonio
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
      thanks, so it takes a router that supports the dyndns service.

      Inviato da iPhone

      Il giorno 02/mar/2013, alle ore 14:54, Stu C <stu@...> ha scritto:

      Hi,
      The server uses the address but does not set it.

      The public address - the one you may want to connect to from another location is the WAN address of your internet router, if your ISP allows it you can request a fixed IP public address.
      Most ISP's for private users don't support that so there are "dynamic dns services" that can be set up with routers, search for "dynamic dns your-router-model"

      Inside the network the machine that is running the SDR-Server has a private address (wired addresses are more trustworthy for reliable streaming) you can either set that manually in windows OR if the router supports it make the router always give the same address to that hardware (MAC Binding, or address allocation) again that is down to the router setup.

      You will also need to set up basic port forwarding - depends again on router model.

      If you are unsuccessful searching for the methods for
      1 Dynamic DNS your router
      2 Network address allocation your router
      3 Port forwarding you router

      Someone may assist if you give the FULL router make and model, operating system and service provider (so we can check they don't run some restrictive firewall)

      Regards
      Stu

      On 02/03/2013 13:28, iz2twx wrote:
      Hello everyone, I would like to know how I can set a static ip dyndns type of window in sdr network server, it gives me the ip of the wifi automatically. thanks

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          sdr-radio-com-digest@yahoogroups.com
          sdr-radio-com-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Stu C
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2013
        There are other ways like having a dynamic dns client running on the operating system or wait until the sdrspace.com site is up for V2 servers.
        Quite a lot of routers do have dynamic dns as do IP cameras and other items like media servers that need to be contactable from the internet.

        You would still need port forwarding to be correct.