VFO A AND VFO B

  • iz2twx
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hello everyone, I have 2 rtl2832u , I can use them both together ,1 in the VFOA and 2 in the VFOB with sdr-radio v2?
    • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

        No, sorry. Something may happen later, I’m designing a multi-SDR solution but I don’t know whether it will happen, it depends on a commercial customer.

        Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

        http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
          I mention this earlyer.
          Seem something to do with "out of freq range".

          VFO B must be in seem freq range as the VFO A
          Example
          VFO A = 100 MHz
          VFO B must be also in 100MHz
          Set to 200Mhz VFO B = not working
          Why ?
          I dont know.

          Solution
          Run 2x SDRradio programs
          For me whas not possible due the SDRradio 2 not find the RTL ;)
          In this stage i give it up.

          Hello everyone, I have 2 rtl2832u , I can use them both together ,1 in the VFOA and 2 in the VFOB with sdr-radio v2?
        • Antonio
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
            Ok thanks.

            Inviato da iPhone

            Hi,

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

              Yes Oma,

              I have to dig into the LIBUSB-xxx libraries so that I get the USB location info as part of the dongle discovery.

              I’m going to be away soon, this will not happen quickly, it just *may* happen.

              Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

              http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

              Seem something to do with "out of freq range".

              VFO B must be in seem freq range as the VFO A
              Example
              VFO A = 100 MHz
              VFO B must be also in 100MHz
              Set to 200Mhz VFO B = not working
              Why ?
              I dont know.

              Solution
              Run 2x SDRradio programs
              For me whas not possible due the SDRradio 2 not find the RTL ;)
              In this stage i give it up.

              Hello everyone, I have 2 rtl2832u , I can use them both together ,1 in the VFOA and 2 in the VFOB with sdr-radio v2?

            • C. van Ravenswaaij
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
                This is great, "oma" is Dutch for grandmother or granny ;-)

                73's, Cornel

                Op 1-3-2013 11:19, Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV schreef:
                > Yes Oma,

              • oma wollie
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
                  I understand,

                  Other program iam able to run 2 .... 4 RTL same time.
                  PC getting little hot but that's something else ;)

                  To be honiest,
                  i dont understand the function of using more VFO's
                  if they all need to be in same frequency range.

                  My idea for 2 - 4 VFO is to monitor different frequency ranges.

                  But my idea is only my ideas ;)
                  Mean no harm to all your effort.

                  Yes Oma,  I have to dig into the LIBUSB-xxx libraries so that I get the USB location info as part of the dongle discovery.  I’m going to be away soon, this will not happen quickly, it just *may* happen.  Simon G4ELI/HB9DRVhttp://v2.sdr-radio.com/  From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of oma wollie

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

                    Same here in Switzerland, I was a bit confused but who knows, may have been a Brazilian super-model J

                    Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                    http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                    From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of C. van Ravenswaaij

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
                      Correct and age 70+ years.
                      So all come together ;)

                      This is great, "oma" is Dutch for grandmother or granny ;-)

                      73's, Cornel

                      Op 1-3-2013 11:19, Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV schreef:

                      > Yes Oma,

                    • Antonio

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

                        Oma:

                        I like to DX the tropical bands early in the morning. I have been on a quest to recapture a portion of my youth, and listen to some Papua New Guinea stations as I did when I was young. My quest was complete this morning. I had two stations from PNG, one in left ear and one in right ear of my headphones. Without the ability to have two VFOs going, this would not have been possible.

                        Mike

                        From: oma wollie

                        Message 12 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

                          Sorry,

                          I am an idiot L of course I can support many dongles with the same name / serial etc.

                          Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                          http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                          Message 13 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

                            Indeed, the dongles should now work with two or more with the same serial.

                            Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                            http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                            From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                              Message 15 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013

                                Sorry,

                                I mean I can now address dongles with the same serial, I do not plan to start two dongles at once.

                                Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

                                http://v2.sdr-radio.com/

                                Message 16 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
                                  Ok thanks

                                  Inviato da iPhone

                                  Message 17 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
                                    Some misunderstanding

                                    You dont need 2x RTL if you listening on same freq,
                                    But,
                                    if you like monitor conditions on 40, 20 10 and 6 meters same time
                                    you will need 4x start SDR-radio.

                                    There start the problem,
                                    only 1x SDRradio find 1x RTL
                                    And the other 3x SDRradio cant find the other 3x RTL.

                                    Dont meaning any harm
                                    only notice in practice way is happening.

                                    Sorry,  I mean I can now address dongles with the same serial, I do not plan to start two dongles at once.  Simon G4ELI/HB9DRVhttp://v2.sdr-radio.com/  From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Antonio
                                    Sent: 01 March 2013 15:12
                                    To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
                                    Subject: Re: [sdr-radio-com] VFO A AND VFO B    then the dongle must be the same model?

                                    Inviato da iPhone
                                    Il giorno 01/mar/2013, alle ore 14:52, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> ha scritto:  Indeed, the dongles should now work with two or more with the same serial. Simon G4ELI/HB9DRVhttp://v2.sdr-radio.com/%c2%a0From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Simon G4ELI/HB9DRVI am an idiot L of course I can support many dongles with the same name / serial etc.
                                  • Patrick
                                    Message 18 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
                                      Hello !

                                      Looking at this screenshot, I noticed that both IF and RF values can be adjusted. Here, only the IF option is 'active'. How could it fix this ? (using built1301 )

                                      Regards,
                                      Patrick

                                      Message 19 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013

                                        Patrick:

                                        I’m not positive, but think the IF gain is a function of the SDR-IQ. I keep mine on the lower side. However, when I turn it up I see no effects like additional spurious signals, it just gets louder. I’m not sure what it even does for sure. Maybe Simon can shed some light on the subject.

                                        Mike