RE: [sdr-radio-com] V2 + SDR MK1.5 Andrus

  • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012

      I’ve forwarded the mail…

      I think it’s up to 700kHz, what I do know is that it’s a neat little dual receiver which runs well here.

      Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

      http://dit-dit-dit.com

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mauno Ritola

      Thanks, hopefully he does. How wide RF span can one record with this?

    • Mauno Ritola

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
        • 1 Attachment
        • 145 KB

        Interesting to see a Realistic DX160 – now that’s a nice panel J

        (Attached, borrowed from Universal Radio)

        Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

        http://dit-dit-dit.com

        From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mauno Ritola

      • Andrus Aaslaid
        Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
          Hi all!

          Thank you very much for the good words!! And of course, very special thanks for considering it worth supporting in V2. Thats the best proof that I have done at least something right with the design! :))

          $480 is right, this is what it sells on eBay. Just preparing the new batch for manufacturing, so some time in January the units will appear on the eBay again and it is quite likely that I get done with my own webshop as well for that time.

          The in-depth info about what the design looks like is at my blog, http://uvb-76.net/p/sdr-mk15-andrus.html (the schematic there is 1 rev old, the clock for current units is actually 2ppm TCXO). Basically, it is a dual RF frontend diversity receiver what is currently running from 5kHz to 30MHz and gives frequency span up to 450kHz in single-channel mode and 232kHz in dual. At some point the firmware will support IF up to 600+ kHz, but there's some black magic what has to be mastered beforehand. Works over USB and 100Mbit ethernet.
          I have been trying to keep both, the schematic and software open, so whoever wants to tweak or add something, can freely do so.

          Diversity mathematics (precise phase shift between channels etc.) is handled inside the radio, so you can do some noise cancelling and rx beam-forming (although getting it right is painful task, but once you get the noise canceling really working with correct phase and signal level, it will make all the effort worthwhile! (until OTHER NEIGHBOR switches on its halogen lights and whole process has to be re-done ..) :))
          It does work as two independent receivers as well tho (has two ADC-s, two downconverters etc.), whatever its good for.

          Glad to answer any questions about it!

          Best Regards,

          Andrus.

          On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV <simon@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          I don’t know – I have seen references to $480. I know that Andrus Aaslaid is on this list, maybe he will jump in.

          Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

          http://dit-dit-dit.com

          From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mauno Ritola

          What's the price for SDR MK1.5? I can't find it.

          --
          Andrus Aaslaid
          Tel: +372 50 28018