RE: [sdr-radio-com] Re: V2 - Support for Euphonix/Avid MC Transport?

  • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 3, 2012

      Sorry, no V2 downloads yet.

      Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

      http://dit-dit-dit.com

      From: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com [mailto:sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Volodymyr Shabaldas
      Sent: 03 November 2012 19:51
      To: sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [sdr-radio-com] Re: V2 - Support for Euphonix/Avid MC Transport?

      Hello Simon.

        Is there version 2 SDR Console available for dovnload? If v2 is available please give a link for download.

      Thanks

      VA3LLZ Vladimir

    • jochen.richert
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
        Hi Simon

        Any news abaout the API?
        I was searching araound and it is not easy to get informations about the EUCON/MACKIE/HUI Protocol.

        Probably this could help, found an article in a forum ..
        http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-68957.html

        The e-mail address would be eucon@ avid.com to ask for more infos in the EUCON protocol.

        Let me know, if you need the dvice ;-)

        73's
        HB9DRT, Joe

        --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

        > Hi Joe,
        >

        > As soon as I get the API I'll let you know. I've e-mailed the company.
        >

        > Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
        >
        > http://dit-dit-dit.com

      • Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012

          I have sent e-mails, no replies.

          Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV

          http://dit-dit-dit.com

          I was searching araound and it is not easy to get informations about the EUCON/MACKIE/HUI Protocol.

          Probably this could help, found an article in a forum ..
          http://forum.cockos.com/archive/index.php/t-68957.html

          The e-mail address would be eucon@ avid.com to ask for more infos in the EUCON protocol.

          Let me know, if you need the dvice ;-)

          73's
          HB9DRT, Joe

          --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

          > Hi Joe,
          >

          > As soon as I get the API I'll let you know. I've e-mailed the company.
          >

          > Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
          >
          > http://dit-dit-dit.com

        • jochen.richert
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 26, 2012
            Hi Simon

            Good News from my side. I managed it to get the Jog programmed with Spectravue. I found out how to program the Function keys, arrows and other keys. Only one small problem seems to be the high F-Keys like F23 and F24 in SDR-RADIO.

            The trick to get the JOG running was, you have to program the function JOG onto a button. Then you have to use this button to activate the JOG on and combine it then with a certain keystroke.
            So you see, the JOG could not only be VFO, if we use another key, I could probably use the JOG to change a filter bandwidth, volume or whatever.

            So my wish now for SDR V2 would be:
            Direct frequency input with number keys and enter.
            Shortcut's to all important functions like LSB, USB, AM, record, stop, volume so that I can program them directly to the keys of the Avid MC Transport Controller.

            Is this already possible? When will the V2 version available for testing?

            Many thanks
            and 73's from the lower Engiadina

          • pd0psb@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 26, 2012
              Hi Joe,

              Good news you are getting the beast to work!

              May be you could try numerical entries on v1.5 first?
              See if that works.

              btw, does the display come to life if you use it with SDR?

              73
              Paul
              PD0PSB

              --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "jochen.richert" <jochen.richert@...> wrote:

              > Hi Simon
              >
              > Good News from my side. I managed it to get the Jog programmed with Spectravue. I found out how to program the Function keys, arrows and other keys. Only one small problem seems to be the high F-Keys like F23 and F24 in SDR-RADIO.
              >
              > The trick to get the JOG running was, you have to program the function JOG onto a button. Then you have to use this button to activate the JOG on and combine it then with a certain keystroke.
              > So you see, the JOG could not only be VFO, if we use another key, I could probably use the JOG to change a filter bandwidth, volume or whatever.
              >
              > So my wish now for SDR V2 would be:
              > Direct frequency input with number keys and enter.
              > Shortcut's to all important functions like LSB, USB, AM, record, stop, volume so that I can program them directly to the keys of the Avid MC Transport Controller.
              >
              > Is this already possible? When will the V2 version available for testing?
              >
              > Many thanks
              > and 73's from the lower Engiadina
              > HB9DRT, Joe
              >

              > --- In sdr-radio-com@yahoogroups.com, "Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV" <simon@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >

              > > I have sent e-mails, no replies.
              > >

              > > Simon G4ELI/HB9DRV
              > >
              > > http://dit-dit-dit.com

            • jochen.richert
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 27, 2012
                Hi Paul

                Yes, the display is alive, with the content you use in the descripton for the softkeys. I think numerical entry is not supported in 1.5, tried it on the keyboard and there is also no other info on Simon's suport site (how to use a Griffin USB Device) than Volume, Mute and Frequency change with the high value F-keys.

                73
                Joe
                HB9DRT

                To receive the frequency from SDR and show it on the display, we probably need the API...