Calibration and stuff...

  • kvenl
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2012
      Hi all!

      I have some questions about calibrating SDR-RADIO with a Fifi SDR (SoftRock chip).
      I know this isn't a very high-end SDR (to say the least) but I am enjoying it very much, linked to my TS-590S.

      1. I do not have mirrors as far as I know, but when I run the routine, then mirrors occur... How can that happen? Just curious.

      2. When I run the spur reduction, the spur is away allright. But what I notice is that the center now becomes more yellow in the waterfall, so it looks like day 7 kHz is much more sensitive/has more signal than the rest of the panorama. Is this normal ?

      Thank you for your attention and answer.

      73
      Kees, PA3KVE
    • kvenl
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2012
        Hello Simon,

        Do you have some time to look at my questions, please?
        I am struggling a long time with these things, and cannot get any conformation around other HAMs.
        Thank you !

        73
        Kees
        PA3KVE

        I also wonder how can I check if the soundcard needs attenuation?